New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - USPS Mailer receipt
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We can only say that WE plan to be in Tempe. And, OAB - nice post. And like OAB, whomever is holding up our Mailer is pissing us off! (Who would want to anger a poor little old man?)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also agree with OAB. It was a bad mistake, but a TC is a TC, and I do not wish to see this played out further. All I would hope is RSI would come forward and appologize, refund Freshmen/ADM issue, and promise it will not happen again.

I too will be in Tempe.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rerunning tournaments at a customer's request, no matter who they are, is a slippery slope they should never slide down, so I doubt they would do this. Yes, it would be nice to know the format beforehand especially if it's different but rerunning the tournament would be worse. Of course I still don't know how I did, so I don't have any emotions clouding these opinions.
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And whoever is complaining loudly must have not TCed, or they would be fine with the results but idk the specifics. Very Happy
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
I hope the people who were threatening to quit over this have come to their senses by now. I'd like to have as many competitors as possible in Tempe in January. And on that subject, threatening to quit if they don't run the run-offs properly, threatening to boycott Tempe if they offer ambi as the prize, etc. is treading dangerous territory. If you are just blowing off steam amongst your fellow players, I hear ya. If you are no longer enjoying the game and want to stop playing, I understand. If you are giving RSI an ultimatum to try to change the outcome of something, that is sketchy business.

We had a similar situation recently in Everquest: one of our long-time guild members demanded that we kick out an applicant who was on his 30-day trial. We determined that the app didn't do anything wrong, it was just the other person's view of events, skewed by her personal feud. She demanded we boot the app, or she was going to quit the guild. We let her quit. In the officers forum, I commented that we will never give in to ultimatums, because the moment we do, then they are in charge, not us.

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aragorn wrote:
And whoever is complaining loudly must have not TCed, or they would be fine with the results but idk the specifics. Very Happy

If this turns out to be the case, and it's one of the guys who TC's all the time anyway, I'm going to be pissed.

stormlord
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok now, everyone CALM down! The only reason that TMM and I posted on this site was because people who wanted to avoid spoilers were wondering what happened to their tourney. So we thought it would be nice to try to explain what MIGHT be going on. Emphasis on MIGHT. But I guess they really did shoot the messanger in the old days!

Because the fact is, the Chatzy folks are just in the dark as everyone else. For all we know the mailman that carries RSI mail might of fallen down a hole and is screaming for help. Maybe Hurricane Sandy affected flight routes for a week. Or maybe Santa put you on the naughty list and you aren't going to get anything for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even the rest of the year. My point is we DON't know, so I wouldn't start pointing fingers or yelling at anyone just yet.

Yes, there were some managers that were upset that the tourney wasn't run as stated, and yes emails and phone calls were made voicing their displeasure. But noone knows what the complaining managers exactly said, or if any ultimiatums were given. We don't know if RSI is going to do anything about it. The people on Chatzy were just throwing around opinions on what, if anything should be done. (BTW, I don't believe most people were in favor of re-running the tourney, just continuing it, but that's for another topic) And as you all know, most of the time RSI doesn't care what we think anyways. We were also throwing out conjectures on why the tourney is late.

Here are the FACTs as we know it:
- The tourney was not run triple elimation (as the announcement stated)
- No one got a tourney newsletter
- Only FedEx and manual pick ups got their tourney, no USPS delivery got theirs yet
- Some managers were upset and voiced their displeasure to RSI about the format

RUMORS:
- The tourney is being re-run
- The tourney is being extended
- They will count 2 sets of TCs (RD 10 format; Triple Elimination)
- They will only count triple elimation TC's
- Managers are going to rage quit (depending on who you believe)
- The tourney was delayed being sent due to re-runs or other "fixes" being contemplated by RSI

So if anyone out there really wants an answer, I suggest you get off your asses and call RSI directly.

And on a personal note, I didn't like the fact that RSI said the tourney would be run one way, but then another format instituted instead. Its like expecting a wildcard format in the baseball postseason, and then all of a sudden being told only the best record in each league is allowed to go to the World Series. Yes the penant winner was a format used in the past, but heck, give us some warning! That being said, I am going to live with it either way. I don't know my results so this can either help me or hurt me, I don't know. Its just the principle of it.

But since others posting here are getting "pissed" without any facts to substaniate anything, I figured I would set the record straight a little.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

stormlord wrote:
But since others posting here are getting "pissed" without any facts to substaniate anything, I figured I would set the record straight a little.

Nobody is pissed.

Every statement that someone has made has been predicated by an "if".

Someone might need calming down, but I don't think its anyone who has posted in this thread.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think we're all just a bit testy because we didn't get our packets when we expected them. You know how it is Very Happy

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Back on topic, no tourney in the mail today for me.

I called RSI last night and this morning to try to get confirmation that my tourney has been mailed and when, but no answer so far.

Update:

I spoke with Sandy at RSI just now. The normal tourney mailing has not yet occurred. I said, "How come the FedEx people had their stuff mailed on Thursday and the normal mail people don't have theirs mailed yet?" And she responded, "Lee is having trouble with the newsletter. That is all I know."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Given the non-deliveries we've seen, I think it is safe to assume one of two scenarios:

A) USPS tourneys did not mail before Tuesday 11/13 (even a Saturday mailing would have seen some deliveries by Tuesday, let alone Wednesday). If they mailed yesterday, Priority mail deliveries would normally be Thursday and Friday of this week. However, we don't know when or if tourneys have mailed.

B) USPS (most notably the Phoenix office) is playing havoc with our mail again. We've already seen this in recent weeks/months. I hadn't seen it affect Priority envelopes yet, which is why I don't think this is the case, but it is even harder to know what is going on at the USPS than it is to see into RSI.

Either way, I'm setting my expectation for Friday this week. I am really hoping I don't have to wait through the entire weekend to receive my tourney.
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

holding up a tourney mailing for a newsletter is weak sauce ...
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:
holding up a tourney mailing for a newsletter is weak sauce ...

Personally, I expect that is code for "trying to figure out what to do about the run-offs."

That said, I'm going to send an email to both of them telling them that I'd rather get my tourney ASAP, even if that means getting a newsletter later.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just write a blurb about how all the TVs without the best record were overcome by hordes of zombies and therefore only the best records continued in the runoffs. Sheila Greywand has de-zombified those who were overcome but they were unable to continue in the tournament. She apologizes for the inconvenience.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:
Just write a blurb about how all the TVs without the best record were overcome by hordes of zombies and therefore only the best records continued in the runoffs. Sheila Greywand has de-zombified those who were overcome but they were unable to continue in the tournament. She apologizes for the inconvenience.

That would be awesome!!!

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic