New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104524

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - USPS Mailer receipt
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Say Lee did make a public post that she was going to fix it, then for whatever reason couldnt. Say for whatever reason the different formats wouldnt allow a continuance. If there were questionable decisions in the past thats fine, but mistake or not they still have to make a decision that is fair to everyone. In this case she felt it necessary to correct the issue, and thats fine. Im not saying the mistake shouldnt have been corrected, but sometimes its better to make sure you can fix or reverse a situation before you write checks your ass cant cash, which in turn leads to further unnecessary frustrations.

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But you've made my point. You're talking about the RUMOR that she isnt posting anything because she is trying to FIX the non run-off tourney. I've also heard that people aren't getting their tourney due to there being a problem with the newsletter, and even that they were running out of toner?? Which one is true, if any?

I'm holding judgement until I know what the problems are, and how they get fixed. i dont really care about the tourney program that was used, but I won't speak for everyone. I wasnt a fan of someone else telling everyone how to feel about it, who I think doesnt even play. A much larger issue is the correction of the ADM/Freshman thing. I would hope there is a refund, but i wont hold my breath.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Khorvinus wrote:
Say Lee did make a public post that she was going to fix it, then for whatever reason couldnt.

They don't have to say what the problem is, it would help them in the long run if they just made a statement like this....

An issue has brought to our attention by those who received the FedEx results of the Mail-In tourney. Because of the issue we are delaying mailing out all other results while we work on the issue. We will make another announcement once results are going to be mailed. Thank you for your patience.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our thoughts and opinions:
1. Lee made a mistake by choosing a different tournament module than announced. A wrong move and RSI does need to "apologize".
2. The module chosen, while not as advertised, did not ruin the mailer. (It may or may not have provided different results that the other module for most classes.) But the method and event were viable.
3. Some, yet unknown, FEDEX receivers took great aversion to the method and/or outcome - lack of outcome, and complained/caused the mailer receipt to non-FEDEXers to be delayed. We are disappointed at both RSI AND the FEDEXers for allowing/causing this what-we-think-is-inappropriate delay to others.
4. We are glad it is "fixed".
5. We will make our opinion known directly to Lee.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
tkoxxx11
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I apologize for the misunderstanding; after re-reading my post, I can see that my main point was totally lost...

I was not clear enough. When I was saying people being upset was a bit of a blow-mind to me...I was referring *only* to their having to wait a few extra days for the tournament...not the "rest" of the stuff. That did seem to be "mainly" what the thread was about...at least in the beginning..."oh, I'll have to wait until Friday to get my tournament?"

Keep in mind the only thing I knew had happened was that getting the tournament in the mail was delayed...and that did not seem like a big deal in and of itself to me. This thread kinda made it seem like there was stuff discussed and known about by others that was not really talked about all that clearly in the thread itself. In other words...some know more than others...and I definitely fall into the group of people that don't really know much about what had happened, admittedly.

Hombre wrote:
"I dont think its just about people not getting their tournies,"

That is the only thing that I intended to be talking about in my post; again...I'm sorry that I was not clear.

Hombre wrote:
"its about what is the proverbial straw for some people? In a lot of ways, their customer service is lacking (in some it isnt, I realize this too) but when you see friends drop out due to issues like: A tourney is paid for to be FedEx'd and they send it to another player instead. After a phone call, RSI apologizes, and a regular tourney is sent. After NUMEROUS phone calls and emails to get them to reverse the FedEx charge, they never do it. So a buddy quits."

That...of course...is an ugly example of terribly bad customer service. It seems obvious they should have at the very least credited his account with the FedEx charge. Frankly, I believe they should have done much more and refunded him a significant part of his tournament charge as well. About a 50% refund would have been appropriate in this instance, I would think.

"You can bet if it was one of the 'Big Spenders' they would have reversed the charge."

That I do not think is necessarily true. The Consortium mentioned he had a major beef with RSI...and they did not succumb to him either. When it comes to RSI's attitude towards the players...at least it does seem to be pretty consistent (albeit perhaps "consistently" not as good as it should be). I really do not understand why "they" seem to be so unreasonably unmovable at times; it would be in their best interests to be quite a bit more adaptable.

Hombre wrote:
"That was a terrible business move, but more and more they dont seem to care. They know the 'Duel2 is crack to me' players will play no matter what."

Totally agreed...and their "don't seem to care" attitude is what is worst of all. It's been going on for *years*. Believe me, I am not defending RSI in any way at all...and me and my "group" of guys that played years ago had many, many beefs with RSI when many of the rest of the players just seemed to enjoy being mistreated...and loved to kiss RSI's ass as well...haha.

In this case, however, once the mistake was made, I really think it would have been impossible for RSI to please everybody equally. Some people feel that as long as it ran okay, was fair for everybody, and there was a TC in every category, the results should stand. That would be my feeling on the matter, unless it was caught right away and redoing the runoffs would not be that difficult and would not have delayed things that much (especially if none of the players ever saw the original results). I'm sure many others felt that all fights past round 10 should be re-run regardless...and...agree with it or not...that opinion is *certainly* understandable.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Khorvinus wrote:
Say Lee did make a public post that she was going to fix it, then for whatever reason couldnt.

They don't have to say what the problem is, it would help them in the long run if they just made a statement like this....

An issue has brought to our attention by those who received the FedEx results of the Mail-In tourney. Because of the issue we are delaying mailing out all other results while we work on the issue. We will make another announcement once results are going to be mailed. Thank you for your patience.

Visionist nailed it EXACTLY. This is all they would have to do, would take 60 seconds to post this on this site, but they don't do it. Go figure. Just another example of their sometimes completely non-caring customer service, which I can never puzzle out.

I still remember the tourney delays of old, and I am not expecting much from my small squad, so it's not chapping me all that much. But having set the bar of tourney mailing service so much higher the last few years, it becomes frustrating to see them sit on it for essentially 2 WEEKS before mailing it out to all us unwashed non-fedex masses, with no real clear explanations offered. Confused

Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hombre wrote:
But you've made my point. You're talking about the RUMOR that she isnt posting anything because she is trying to FIX the non run-off tourney. I've also heard that people aren't getting their tourney due to there being a problem with the newsletter, and even that they were running out of toner?? Which one is true, if any?

I'm holding judgement until I know what the problems are, and how they get fixed. i dont really care about the tourney program that was used, but I won't speak for everyone. I wasnt a fan of someone else telling everyone how to feel about it, who I think doesnt even play. A much larger issue is the correction of the ADM/Freshman thing. I would hope there is a refund, but i wont hold my breath.

I dont speak for everyone, just myself. And I didnt say anything about a RUMOR in my post, and I sure as hell didnt know what they were going to do about the issue. The issue being that the announcement said 3 and out style format, and Lee ran the 10 round format. For those who sought to bust out their Freshmen, ADM, and Contender hopefuls, it meant that they had lost that chance of TC'ing later on in the tourney. A few managers that it had influenced directly werent happy with it, and some that it didnt affect at all were also upset with how it turned out, with good reason. All I know is that its fixed now, based on what MD said, and I for one am sick of all this tourney talk......until I get my packet Razz

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One more thing is certain -- my goal of finally landing an undisputed TC is once again thwarted. I don't yet know if I won anything or not, but even if I did, it won't be "undisputed".

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:
One more thing is certain -- my goal of finally landing an undisputed TC is once again thwarted. I don't yet know if I won anything or not, but even if I did, it won't be "undisputed".

Who would dispute it?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:

If your warrior has both the best record after 10 rounds and wins the run-offs (winning both versions, basically), then that will surely constitute an undisputed TC.

I, for one, am hoping that there are 16 undisputed TCs this tourney and nobody gains anything by altering the course of the tournament. Not likely, but a guy can dream.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anybody get it today? My mail won't get here for another 5 hours and I an wondring if I should be watching the mailbox.
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TMM wrote:
Otto_X wrote:

Who would dispute it?

There would be some who say that if the continuance happened and the outcome was different, then the first winner wasnt the true TC in the first place. I could care less either way, Im sure I didnt do well in any category, lol.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Anybody get it today? My mail won't get here for another 5 hours and I an wondring if I should be watching the mailbox.

No tourney in today's mail for me.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

True, I suppose someone could win both the initial and the do-over. Or I could win Contenders Laughing

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TMM wrote:
Otto_X wrote:

Who would dispute it?

If so, it will have been won fair and square. You will have earned the honor. Those whom might dispute it are but mere ....... losers.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic