Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: input73cart
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 4
Overall: 19617

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 10-10-10-13-6-5-16
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Iceman
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Jan 24, 2008
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.
View user's profileSend private message
_Buri_
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Nov 07, 2010
Posts: 767
Location: Asgard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would go 11-11-10-17-9-5-21 AB or PR, you're much better off NOT trying to raise stats with a 9 WL if you don't have to.

_________________
Buri, Crapmaster 2012
Aesir 003 & 100 & 102, The Club 010, The Blues 021, Omnitrix 030, Venture Bros 051
View user's profileSend private message
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Posts: 3231
Location: Round Rock, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Iceman wrote:
Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.


13-13-10-17-9-5-17 PR
11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR/PS/TP
15-11-10-17-9-5-17 PR

_________________
Gentleben
Ben's Bazaar-21
Caress of Steel-28
Secret Squirrels-32
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8664
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Iceman wrote:
Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.


Non-aimers would bring these thoughts our way .........
11-10-10-17-9-6-21 ST
12-10-10-17-9-5-21 ST
15-10-10-17-9-6-17 ST
17-10-10-17-8-5-17 ST/BA/PR
13-10-10-17-9-8-17 BA
your #1 as PR or PS

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
982 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 101K+ fights and 65K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1479*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1420; Lenpros DM30 @ 1396; Fandils @ 1305
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like Consortium's first design as a ST reason being you get the 11 ST for weapons and rather than taking it to 12 I want the DEC and INI skill at 6 SP. Then again I might go to 15 ST and drop DF to 17. The question is are you willing to gamble damage being normal, with a pretty decent chance at good and slim at great versus an almost guaranteed good (almost!) with a decent shot at great, against the extra ATT 2 DEF INI RIP etc (more on RIP and INI I forget the chart off-hand). I likely go ST #1 (Consortium) and gamble at the damage.

For PR I'd likely go with your #3 with one difference, using Buri's logic with the added we don't "burn" a PAR and ATT skill.


15-11-10-17-9-5-17 PR (8/12/9/7/5/2 bases) 2 points between ST&CN will bump your carry (I may go once each if necesary and when necessary). If you get great damage it's scary, if it goes all "Daydream Believer" and gets +4 ATT/PAR (with great damage) it's a demon (problem is I wouldn't know how to run it I think... even so...)!

All that said I likely go with a 11-10-10-17-9-6-21 AB myself (it might even survive)!

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
Madwand
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Dec 05, 2004
Posts: 492
Location: Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Iceman wrote:
Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.


I go AB all the time. One of these days 1 will roll +4 att/deffor me!

Without, I see several good choices given including your #1 design. I would be sorely tempted to try Consortium's #1 ST. I've never run a 21 DF Striker before.

_________________
Madwand

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.



Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!


View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Longshot
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Sep 30, 2012
Posts: 427
Location: Port Moody, BC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.


Non-aimers would bring these thoughts our way .........
11-10-10-17-9-6-21 ST
12-10-10-17-9-5-21 ST
15-10-10-17-9-6-17 ST
17-10-10-17-8-5-17 ST/BA/PR
13-10-10-17-9-8-17 BA
your #1 as PR or PS



I like all of the Consortium's picks.
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8664
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.


Non-aimers would bring these thoughts our way .........
11-10-10-17-9-6-21 ST
12-10-10-17-9-5-21 ST
15-10-10-17-9-6-17 ST
17-10-10-17-8-5-17 ST/BA/PR
13-10-10-17-9-8-17 BA
your #1 as PR or PS



I like all of the Consortium's picks.


With a statement like that, we would vote for you for President - or whatever it is that Canada has. Wink

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
982 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 101K+ fights and 65K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1479*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1420; Lenpros DM30 @ 1396; Fandils @ 1305
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Oct 21, 2002
Posts: 1417
Location: San Jose, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Non AB suggestions, I only give my favorites on the Basher and Striker, because there are other ways to make them.

11-15-10-17-9-5-17 TP
15-13-10-17-7-5-17 TP/PR
11-13-10-17-7-5-21 TP/PR/PS/AB
11-10-10-17-9-10-17 B
15-10-10-17-9-6-17 STK

I'd love to completely max skills with 15-10-10-17-7-5-21, but that is one point too many Sad
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Longshot
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Sep 30, 2012
Posts: 427
Location: Port Moody, BC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.


Non-aimers would bring these thoughts our way .........
11-10-10-17-9-6-21 ST
12-10-10-17-9-5-21 ST
15-10-10-17-9-6-17 ST
17-10-10-17-8-5-17 ST/BA/PR
13-10-10-17-9-8-17 BA
your #1 as PR or PS



I like all of the Consortium's picks.


With a statement like that, we would vote for you for President - or whatever it is that Canada has. Wink


Thanks but I am a Canadian immigrant. I am originally from Alabama. But if I did get votes to become the president, I would insist that Ron Paul is my running mate. Cool


Last edited by Longshot on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8664
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.


Non-aimers would bring these thoughts our way .........
11-10-10-17-9-6-21 ST
12-10-10-17-9-5-21 ST
15-10-10-17-9-6-17 ST
17-10-10-17-8-5-17 ST/BA/PR
13-10-10-17-9-8-17 BA
your #1 as PR or PS



I like all of the Consortium's picks.


With a statement like that, we would vote for you for President - or whatever it is that Canada has. Wink


Thanks but I am a Canadian immigrant. I am originally from Alabama. But I did get votes to become the president, I would insist that Ron Paul is my running mate. Cool


A far better choice than most.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
982 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 101K+ fights and 65K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1479*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1420; Lenpros DM30 @ 1396; Fandils @ 1305
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Promising warrior, but tough to decide what to do with him. I know a majority of responses will likely suggest AB. I'd like to get some suggestions other than AB.

Here are my thoughts:

1 - 11-15-10-17-9-5-17 PR
2 - 10-12-10-17-9-5-21 PR (burn ST & CN once each)
3 - 14-12-10-17-9-5-17 PR (burn ST & CN once each)

Any and all feedback appreciated.


Non-aimers would bring these thoughts our way .........
11-10-10-17-9-6-21 ST
12-10-10-17-9-5-21 ST
15-10-10-17-9-6-17 ST
17-10-10-17-8-5-17 ST/BA/PR
13-10-10-17-9-8-17 BA
your #1 as PR or PS



I like all of the Consortium's picks.


With a statement like that, we would vote for you for President - or whatever it is that Canada has. Wink


Thanks but I am a Canadian immigrant. I am originally from Alabama. But I did get votes to become the president, I would insist that Ron Paul is my running mate. Cool


A far better choice than most.


AMEN Exclamation Considering we may only have 4.5 hours or less left I say we make Ron Paul President for our last few hours! Laughing (Of course I know the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world it was merely the end of the Calendar that they made and today marked the end of the "Fifth Great Age". Some scientists say it is actually December 23,2012 not 12-21-2012 as well.)

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Iceman
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Jan 24, 2008
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the feedback everybody! I really appreciate it!
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Iceman wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback everybody! I really appreciate it!


No problem, ask anytime. That goes for anyone who has come here as well. I'm only able to run one team so it's extra RUs for me to toy with personally (may not be the best designer but I hope I am at least "sound"). Plus I've been remiss the prior few months in responding to these so I've been trying to give more info than just throwing up numbers with all these returning and new managers popping in recently (last year or two).

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::