New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sigh
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay…I am trying not to laugh while I type this. I am having more problems with my Duelmasters stuff. I still haven’t received my turns. I am pretty sure I will have to fax in my next turns because teh due date is on the 3rd of January. My questions are:

1) Do you send a cover letter in with the faxed turn sheets?

2) Can you fax in your replacement warriors?

3) Does RSI still sell extra turn sheets? Not only do they lose my
turns, they also don’t send the correct amount of turn sheets?

4) Is it still possible to order missing turns and newsletters?

Sad Confused Sad Confused Sad Confused Sad Confused Sad Confused
kayelbe
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1) I've done it both ways

2) Nope

3) You can download them, I'll find the link and post another reply. In a pinch, you can make a decent copy yourself. You don't need an "official one". As long as they can easily figure out what goes where, they'll use it.

4) I've heard of others asking for "reprints" of their turns, but I've never done it. Newsletters are online approx 4 days after run date.

DM-29 Daggers Deep
Dm-32 Daggers Deep (inactive)
DM30-Ragged Edge
DM81-Daggers Deep (inactive)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
Okay…I am trying not to laugh while I type this. I am having more problems with my Duelmasters stuff. I still haven’t received my turns. I am pretty sure I will have to fax in my next turns because teh due date is on the 3rd of January. My questions are:

Lotsa late packets of late! for all of us. More likely USPS that RSI, but CSR is deteriorated at the moment.
1. Don't know that it is necessary, but, yes, we recommend it.
2. Yes, usually. It is frowned on, but sometimes accepted - esp if you indicate it is following nin the mail.
3. Yes, they do - but they have failed miserably on sending strategy sheets of late. We wrote them a note on this topic, and it is seeming to improve for us, as the last 3 packets were "full" with strategy sheets.
4. Yes - We get best responses of this via e mail to Sandy and ask her to send us an e mail confirmation that she has. (She does this willingly)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:

. Don't know that it is necessary, but, yes, we recommend it.
2. Yes, usually. It is frowned on, but sometimes accepted - esp if you indicate it is following nin the mail.
3. Yes, they do - but they have failed miserably on sending strategy sheets of late. We wrote them a note on this topic, and it is seeming to improve for us, as the last 3 packets were "full" with strategy sheets.
4. Yes - We get best responses of this via e mail to Sandy and ask her to send us an e mail confirmation that she has. (She does this willingly)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
kayelbe
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm. I thought they didn't like "copies" (ie fax) of replacement rollups? Anyway, Consortium knows more than I do, so take his word for it!

Here's the link for the turnsheet: http://www.reality.com/dmstrat.pdf

DM-29 Daggers Deep
Dm-32 Daggers Deep (inactive)
DM30-Ragged Edge
DM81-Daggers Deep (inactive)
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think they frown on emailing in a replacement (I may have done 1 or 2; but they were lost replacements that Lee emailed me and I emailed back the design. I doubt they would take the control number as it would be too easy to write down a control number for a godling SZ 3 double-21 and claim it was lost and try and pull a fast one.). I know one of these I told her I lost the sheet and what she emailed me was EXACTLY what they sent and I lost so I think they can track it and "catch a cheater" if they suspected it. As long as the Control number is visible on the fax, and you mention you'll send it, I think they will accept the replacement by fax.

Perhaps mention you were short and ask for a reasonable amount of "extras" in case it happens again maybe they'll send you an extra 10-20 since it was their issue. If you have a 2 sided copier available run some off yourself or front of one back of another on the glass and make a few. Just suggestion. That and the download.

My team from arena 14 used to come Thursdays or Fridays. Then for about 3 months it might come Saturday or the following Monday (a week after the run date) then the last 4-5 turns they have come on Thursday. Seems to be USPS to me. Some of us get them early while at the same time others are getting theirs late.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Hawk
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use an Excel file for turns so that I don't have to retype what I did in the past. PM me an email and I'll send it to you.

Hawk
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you saying that you can e-mail your turns?

And to top it off, all of that stuff I wrote and e-mailed in didn't get posted. Yes, I got a confirmation e-mail and it was in weeks a head of the deadline. Can't blame that on the USPS.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

By some contract they are not allowed to take email turns. When the ownership was transferred over some rights were not allowed and online was among them. I always try and get my ads in, whenever last I wrote ads, closer to the due date so they didn't get misplaced.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've faxed in replacements several times over the last 6 months, seems like I get the turn 2 days before they are due again. Didnt realize they frowned on it. I call next time.

Tolbin
Hawk
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can't use email at this time.

What you can do with Excel is copy and paste one warrior's strat on to another sheet.

You also have last turn's strat already saved so you can just tweek it a bit and enter your challenges.

Hawk
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hawk wrote:
You can't use email at this time.

What you can do with Excel is copy and paste one warrior's strat on to another sheet.

You also have last turn's strat already saved so you can just tweek it a bit and enter your challenges.

Hawk

I do this also. It comes in handy if RSI makes an input error and really saved my ass at the Summer Face when my entries didn't make it in time. I was able to reprint ALL of my strats in a few mins and didn't make the trip a complete waste of time and money.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, never have.

I have never tried.

Just print some out from one of the many sites on the web. Or hand write them. Or photocopy the one you have. Or make one on your computer.

Yes, email and then wait... Or write in a request and wait...

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic