New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 12-12-16-9-4-14-3
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verol
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like a few ideas with this. Kind of a head scratcher for me. I came up with two possible Wall of Steal with are:

12-12-16-15-6-14-9 or
12-12-16-11-9-15-9

Any other thoughts and styles?
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Verol wrote:
I would like a few ideas with this. Kind of a head scratcher for me. I came up with two possible Wall of Steal with are:

12-12-16-15-6-14-9 or
12-12-16-11-9-15-9

Personally I would send this back and hope for something better. The DA can be your friend.

If I was forced to run it I would look at some type of scum Offensive.

13-14-16-15-9-14-3 BA
or
15-12-16-15-9-14-3 BA

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think your WAY too low on the enurance for a WS (I've made LUs with 9 WLs but they had about 30 to 37 ST+CN, could make such a design a WS; but not this guy); he's going to be lucky to get through minute 1, or 2 with a parry tactic. This is one of those you're going to hear alot of DA suggestions on but, I am like Consortium, I run almost everything at least a few turns!

I'd likely look at ST,BA,TP (OTP/brick hybrid), or SL for this guy.

12-12-16-9-4-14-3 -----> 13-12-16-15-9-14-5 BA

12-12-16-9-4-14-3 -----> 12-15-16-11-9-14-7 TP

12-12-16-9-4-14-3 -----> 12-12-16-15-7-15-7 SL/ST

My order of preference would be the: BA-1; SL/TP (tie)-2; ST-4. Reasons for SL over ST is the ST will severely lack ATT so I make it a SL for more ATT and hope it pounds its foe into submission quick. The TP will have enough PAR and CN to survive for a bit and I'd run it like a WS (these, for me, are what I consider a Wall of Parry/ WP rather than an Offensive-TP or a brick TP) with MO/LO (max 6/max 4 OE/AL) as the fastest I run it. Using alot of Parry tactic and armored to the MAX. I probably would go BA for more ATT (like a SL) than a ST with decreased endurance burn (not as decreased as a ST would be).

All this said choose your own path! The DA is there to get rid of "cheeseball" warriors. Just because some of us run everything and some of us will DA until we get "Godlings" doesn't mean you should be afraid to go anywhere between these 2 extremes!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street's first basher.
(and only basher)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He has Dark Arena written all over him.
Verol
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I figured he was a DA roll, but I just have to try. I like trying a challenge, just to see where it will take me.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Verol wrote:
I figured he was a DA roll, but I just have to try. I like trying a challenge, just to see where it will take me.

Good for you! A man with our own thoughts. Good luck.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have two designs. The first is usually what I do.

13-12-16-15-9-14-5 B These guys can be fine as arena only guys, if your arena isn't one of the tougher ones. I've had some of them graduate with really nice records. More often they go around .500 or worse.

12-15-16-15-9-14-3 L? Definitely want a high attack style on this one, so L, B, PL, WOS, or SL. The parry is horrible, so I'd lean away from PL and WOS. Lungers get the highest attack, so I'd lean towards them. Bashers are probably the other best style to deal with 3 deftness. I'd be willing to try a slasher, but others have much more experience with them. I don't love this guy, but I could see trying him out.

I understand why others wouldn't touch this guy and immediately say Dark Arena. But there is really nothing so broken about this setup that he isn't runnable. It isn't a great warrior, but it also isn't so bad that it would he can't win fights.
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Verol wrote:

12-12-16-15-6-14-9 or
12-12-16-11-9-15-9

First of all, I would DA this without hesitation. If you must run it, I'd go with Assur/Street's BA.

Secondly, I'll be the one to say it... this would make a horrible WoS. For a good Waste, you need endurance, which means you want WL as high as possible. Personally, I will never make one with less than 15WL, preferably 17+. WL is far more important than WT, but I still look for at least a 13 there. Speed, on the other hand, is NOT needed for a WoS. The lower the better. I look for single digits here, with 3-7 being just right. Also at least an 11 DF, ST, and hopefully CN.
I know there are always exceptions, and it's possible to go outside the box in some cases, but these are just my personal guidelines, and what I look for in a waste.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just 2 things to add:

1) Good for you on "trying"!!! It can only help you as a manager. I can see no way it can hurt you as a manager. Learning to maximize wins with CRAP, this guy isn't crap but is instead marginal, will help you learn to play with strategies, from experience, with good warriors who should be winning but aren't doing so with standard strategies.

That said it doesn't mean you need do like Consortium, never DA it and run it to natural death or graduation, you can rather do as I generally do. I will run everything and if it's an insufferable losing warrior then I'll DA it.

2) I'm very pleased that my BA design matches what 2 of the best, Consortium and of course Assur, would do either as their first choice of design with this RU or as a BA; even if not their first choice of design. It must mean I am moving towards "Veteran" manager status Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Just 2 things to add:

1) Good for you on "trying"!!! It can only help you as a manager. I can see no way it can hurt you as a manager. Learning to maximize wins with CRAP, this guy isn't crap but is instead marginal, will help you learn to play with strategies, from experience, with good warriors who should be winning but aren't doing so with standard strategies.

That said it doesn't mean you need do like Consortium, never DA it and run it to natural death or graduation, you can rather do as I generally do. I will run everything and if it's an insufferable losing warrior then I'll DA it.

2) I'm very pleased that my BA design matches what 2 of the best, Consortium and of course Assur, would do either as their first choice of design with this RU or as a BA; even if not their first choice of design. It must mean I am moving towards "Veteran" manager status Laughing

Street, you ARE a vet!
Whomever dissed you by stating otherwise has rocks in his/her jock!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Don't get The one who won the first ToGS going again Laughing I concede to him as far as tournies go (I only HAD 9 TVs and no TCs, largest squad ever was 20 and none for 3+ years) but I'm just pulling his "jock full of rocks Wink " since he put it out there in public. Cool I know I can hang with most (not all) in basic.

But I appreciate the kind words nonetheless!

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic