New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Running an Aimer
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm trying to figure out how to effectively manage an Aimed Blow warrior. I've looked through some old articles I've had stashed away for years. I've looked through the RSI website for a few clues. Things have changed quite a bit, but the odds on my managing an AB to graduation are still poor. I simply don't know what I'm doing.

The AB I have now has won his first two fights ---- both were against TP's, of course. (The first was a random matchup, the second a case of a TP making a regretful challenge.) I need to come up with a better plan, 'cause I can't count on this sort of luck. Here's what I've been doing so far...

Weapon choices -- well, I'm thinking longsword or short spear, though I realize that many prefer the epee vs light/unarmored foes. Can't an AB use a small shield as an attack weapon, though? And what's with this "empty hand" business? Doesn't it help get your AB killed in the Basic arena??!! Surprised

I've been using this general strategy (whenever I run an AB, which is relatively rare) ---
Offense: moderate to low
Activity: moderate to low
KD: low to very low

Does this seem correct? Against offensives, offense is low and activity moderate (possibly with dodge tactic minute one and desperation). For defensives, I'm thinking moderate offense with low to very low activity level. Either way, a low (3-4) KD.

Versus both TP's I was running 6-8-4 minute one, then dropped to 6-4-4, then 6-2-4 from then on. It seemed to work well, but then again TP's are the bread & butter of the AB world.

Anyone willing to give me a little advice here? A clue, perhaps? All comments are appreciated. Wink

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic