New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 7-12-14-3-15-3-16
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Side note to above post. "Crack Baby" my above "broken" aimer dodged poorly on his own but increased to maybe 45-55% dodges throughout his career using the dodge tactic across the board (unless I challenged a TP); by the time of his death in fight 60 he had raised his DEF to -7 from a -10 base!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Dodge isn't marginally suited to ABs!

From the Rules (Aimed Blow style):

Defensively, the Dodge tactic works well (shifting, looking for that perfect opening) and the Parry tactic works fairly well (the Aimed Blow style allows the time to build a parry defense between attacks). The Responsiveness and Riposte tactics are not effective (although many a player has thought that they should be). The Aimed Blow attack is a very deliberate blow, not a responsive action and not a blow well executed following up a riposte.

Here are faves from ADM section on Terrablood:

Tactics: 149
Bash(9) Lunge(9) Slash(14) Dodge(1) Riposte(1Cool None(91)

I think Parry is supposed to be marginal and Riposte well suited, a rulebook error it appears. I've had ABs use Parry tactic that did fairly well.

You cannot get a natural Dodge tactic favorite AB. The 1 Dodge reported to Terrablood is either an error or old data from the days when warrior could get marginally suited favorites (like a Basher getting the BS or a Lunger the SC).

I had not realized this until recently, either, so you are not alone.

So riposte is the only suited tactic and the rulebook is a "screwjob" making mistakes on dodge AND Parry? Well I have used it quite extensively, especially in desperation. So it's maybe not a good idea but it has worked for me for over 10 years!!!

Thanks for the info ye ole' Scallywag (he uses Sea Dogs alot I'm not insulting him Laughing ).... in fact congrats on your tourney. You keep this up and I'm moving you, in my book, into the Mega-Manager ratings with TMM,TUM,Manager,LHI, Consortium, and many others (if I didn't name you don't be offended this post would've become too long and the ole' brain box is somewhere else right now anyways)!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If ABs could get dodge naturally the face of DM would be vastly different.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
If ABs could get dodge naturally the face of DM would be vastly different.

What, you mean ABs would dominate? Gee, I wonder what that would look like . . .
Iceman
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback everybody! It is very much appreciated!

So what was your final decision?

I have been struggling with this one for a few days now. While this might make a powerful tourney AB someday, I rarely participate in tournies and likely will never participate in Primus. As a result, I am leaning towards your TP suggestion. What I can't decide is this....is ST or CN more important to this RU? Unsure if I go 15/18 ST/CN for more carry or 13/21 for more HP. I'm leaning 13/21 because i've never had a warrior with a 21 CN & WL.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Iceman wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback everybody! It is very much appreciated!

So what was your final decision?

I have been struggling with this one for a few days now. While this might make a powerful tourney AB someday, I rarely participate in tournies and likely will never participate in Primus. As a result, I am leaning towards your TP suggestion. What I can't decide is this....is ST or CN more important to this RU? Unsure if I go 15/18 ST/CN for more carry or 13/21 for more HP. I'm leaning 13/21 because i've never had a warrior with a 21 CN & WL.

Had to look again and edit my post. I thought you meant starting stats. Carry is not a HUGE factor for TPs, I've had a number with 9 STs who wear APA/F, the thing is they will lose PAR and DEF when overburdened. It seems to mean a bit less to endurance but if you get into a "scum war" I've found the stronger warrior (ST) can usually outlast a scum with more endurance but less carry.

Another option to consider would be a WS. If +4 in PAR it will have more PAR than a TP, not that this guy will be hurting for PAR. It also gives you an option for some more offensive capability whereas this TP is purely a scum.

7-12-14-3-15-3-16 -----> 11-12-14-7-21-3-16 WS You have that DF to burn at some point and this guy is still suited to the BS. Bases are 5/5/9/11/3/5. WS can be bonused in ATT and PAR (TP in all areas except PAR). The longer-ish fights will help that 7 WT a bit, also WL plays some part in learns (whether it's because of longer fights or some sort of "resist" to the statement that taking alot of punishment in a fight can decrease learns I do not know)

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic