New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NFL 2013
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Stik wrote:
The Vikes still need to sign a veteran backup QB

Done deal, Matt Cassel just signed.

Considering who is left out there, I think it's a good move as long as he knows he is the backup. They've made it very clear Ponder's the man. I think the situation in KC got very poisonous for him, hopefully a fresh start without so much expectation will help him rebound.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Here's my Fantasy Draft for my Lions:

Rd(overall)- Player(s)

1(5) - Eric Fisher(OT), Bjoern Werner (DE), Dee Milner (CB)
2(36) - Johnathan Banks(CB) or if we reach for Milner,Alex Okafor(DE) or DJ Fluker(OT)
3(65) - Giovanni Bernard(RB) or Larry Warford(OG), reach for Honey Badger (CB, Drug Dealer)
4(99) - Steal it Back from the East Dakota Vikings
5(130) - Khaled Holmes (C), Robert Lester (SS), Le'Veon Bell (RB) all projected 4th rounders who could be available still
6(161) - Josh Boyce (WR), Hugh Thornton(OG), Sanders Commings (CB) all projected 5th rounders who may be there
7(195) - Dustin Hopkins (K), TJ Johnson (C), take a flier on Luke Marquardt (OT) who's big and strong 6-8,315 (31 Bench reps) but comes from a new Division 2 school Azusa Pacific

Had a few minutes to kill and obviously my 5,6, and 7 picks were just guesses by position of need, or good "athletes", and choosing guys who may slide a round in the draft in MY perfect world.

A FEW minutes?!??? Shocked Razz Wink

Isn't 45-60 a few? Laughing I've done this the last 2-3 drafts and been pretty close in rounds 1 and 2 save some trade actions that stole players that were close to falling to us. My biggest fear is that both Tackles (Joeckel and Fisher) will be gone and they'll go after Milner because top 10 CBs are very hit and miss and we need an end rusher (be it OLB or DE) and there aren't very many OLB's out there. Everyone has us taking Ansah but if the 2 OTs and Werner are gone, praying someone reaches for another position because all accounts say they will be, I hope we find someone who wants Milner, Ansah, or Dion Jordan and we can drop down and get some picks; future or this year. There are plenty of DEs that are first round types that can be had in the 10-30 range (Datone Jones, Damontre Moore, Alex Okafor, and Sam Montgomery) and there's also 4 top notch O-Lineman that'll fall there (DJ Fluker, Chance Warmack, Lane Johnson, and Jonathan Cooper).

We released Steven Peterman; Gosder Cherilus left in FA; and Jeff Back-us-up retired. We need some picks or hope Reiff comes into his potential this year or Stafford won't have time to throw!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Stik wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Here's my Fantasy Draft for my Lions:

Rd(overall)- Player(s)

1(5) - Eric Fisher(OT), Bjoern Werner (DE), Dee Milner (CB)
2(36) - Johnathan Banks(CB) or if we reach for Milner,Alex Okafor(DE) or DJ Fluker(OT)
3(65) - Giovanni Bernard(RB) or Larry Warford(OG), reach for Honey Badger (CB, Drug Dealer)
4(99) - Steal it Back from the East Dakota Vikings
5(130) - Khaled Holmes (C), Robert Lester (SS), Le'Veon Bell (RB) all projected 4th rounders who could be available still
6(161) - Josh Boyce (WR), Hugh Thornton(OG), Sanders Commings (CB) all projected 5th rounders who may be there
7(195) - Dustin Hopkins (K), TJ Johnson (C), take a flier on Luke Marquardt (OT) who's big and strong 6-8,315 (31 Bench reps) but comes from a new Division 2 school Azusa Pacific

Had a few minutes to kill and obviously my 5,6, and 7 picks were just guesses by position of need, or good "athletes", and choosing guys who may slide a round in the draft in MY perfect world.

A FEW minutes?!??? Shocked Razz Wink

Isn't 45-60 a few? Laughing I've done this the last 2-3 drafts and been pretty close in rounds 1 and 2 save some trade actions that stole players that were close to falling to us. My biggest fear is that both Tackles (Joeckel and Fisher) will be gone and they'll go after Milner because top 10 CBs are very hit and miss and we need an end rusher (be it OLB or DE) and there aren't very many OLB's out there. Everyone has us taking Ansah but if the 2 OTs and Werner are gone, praying someone reaches for another position because all accounts say they will be, I hope we find someone who wants Milner, Ansah, or Dion Jordan and we can drop down and get some picks; future or this year. There are plenty of DEs that are first round types that can be had in the 10-30 range (Datone Jones, Damontre Moore, Alex Okafor, and Sam Montgomery) and there's also 4 top notch O-Lineman that'll fall there (DJ Fluker, Chance Warmack, Lane Johnson, and Jonathan Cooper).

We released Steven Peterman; Gosder Cherilus left in FA; and Jeff Back-us-up retired. We need some picks or hope Reiff comes into his potential this year or Stafford won't have time to throw!

The O-line is an often and long neglected thing in Detroit. This is known. Smile Vikes resigned Loadholt so ours will be intact for hopefully the next couple years. Continuity=good!

I'm a little sad that Cherilus won't be around to try to cheap-shot and feud with Jared Allen! Makes things less interesting!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting schedule for my Lions. East Dakota in the first week here and the final week at MN (when we lock up the playoff home game Laughing )! Monday night here in Detroit versus Baltimore!

2013 schedule (all times ET)

Sept. 8 vs. Minnesota Vikings, 1:00 p.m.

Sept. 15 at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m.

Sept. 22 at Washington Redskins, 1:00 p.m.

Sept. 29 vs. Chicago Bears, 1:00 p.m.

Oct. 6 at Green Bay Packers, 1:00 p.m.

Oct. 13 at Cleveland Browns, 1:00 p.m.

Oct. 20 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00 p.m.

Oct. 27 vs. Dallas Cowboys, 1:00 p.m.

Bye Week

Nov. 10 at Chicago Bears, 1:00 p.m.

Nov. 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:00 p.m.

Nov. 24 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1:00 p.m.

Nov. 28 vs. Green Bay Packers (Thurs), 12:30 p.m.

Dec. 8 at Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 p.m.

Dec. 16 vs. Baltimore Ravens (Mon) 8:40 p.m.

Dec. 22 vs. New York Giants, 4:05 p.m.

Dec. 29 vs. at Minnesota Vikings, 1:00 p.m.

Ugh should've been in bed but watching these dirt bags in Boston GO DOWN! Possibly military trained overseas is already being speculated .... God Bless our civil servants (most of the time)! God bless America and God bless Boston!!!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Vikings gave up the rest of the draft (basically) 52,83,102, and 229 for Patterson? WOW! Only the Bills at #16 not taking their rookie Coach's College QB Nassib or Geno Smith was more puzzling. EJ Manuel was Projected a late 2nd-early 3rd round pick. OOPS! Back to the Vikings: could've probably gone around pick 35 and giving up only 52 and 102 and you may still have been able to get Patterson! Nice 3 1st rounders though. All good players too .... Congrats to East Dakota!

My Lions could have speedster Jamar Taylor drop to them plus Banks should both be available at CB. The "Physical FREAK" Marqus Hunt may be available (38 bench reps) along with Damontre Moore, Sam Montgomery, or Alex Okafor available at DE. Or even Manti Te'O (or a trade with someone desperate for him and more picks since we have Tulloch). Would be nice to get another young "Book-end" across from Ziggy Ansah! Give me Suh, Fairley, Ansah, and Hunt and I could care less if we have Tulloch and 2 tackling dummies at LB! We could even draft a RB like Lacy, Franklin, or Ball. Or hope Bernard is there in the 3rd.

As long as the GM Mayhew takes any one of those guys plus gets Bernard in the 3rd (unless we get one of the 3 RBs I mentioned) and I'd call this a GREAT draft year!!! Exclamation

Idea Need a Punter and a Kicker so let's say Locke in Round 5 and one of the Florida kickers in round 6 or 7. Cool

Week 1 and 16 STIKKIE and Nomad!!!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And congrats to Eric Fisher from Rochester Hills, Michigan. Only the 2nd ever MAC player drafted in the first round and he goes #1 overall! Pretty COOL Cool

Thomas Jefferson
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke went to Kent State and is happy to see the MAC players doing well in the NFL. Last season Kent had 7 players in the pros.

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did anyone else catch Berman quoteing Gordon Lightfoot's Edmund Fitzgerald? "The legends live on from the chippewa on down." Guess I am getting old, haha.

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I usually start off the NFL draft thread on here but I got called out to work early last night and didn't get home 'til 4 a.m., so basically missed the whole first round except the first few picks I heard on the radio.

All I can say is WOW!!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!! An unbelievable scenario that nobody thought was possible to get them three of the best players in this draft, all in round 1!!! Hats off to Rick Spielmann and the staff, they pulled off a real coup this year!! I am SO stoked right now!!

That Floyd was still there at 23 was absurd, and we still got our big athletic corner at 25, then had the balls to trade back up and nab the wide receiver we needed with Patterson, HUGE!!!! Not the least of which was avoiding Tao and his imaginary girlfriend, equally important! I'm hoping they can trade back up into the second round and get Minter or one of the other MLBs still on the board tonight! GO VIKES!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn double post!

Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After trading away 4 picks for Patterson I would think the Vikings will not have enough to trade back into the 2nd. That pick would make me nervous if I where a Vikings fan, you never know about WR's, and they gave up a lot for him.

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't even think Minn is looking to trade into the 2nd any more. They can be content to kick back today, like the cat that ate the canary, and wait for their next pick in the 4th. They've had a pretty good track record picking WRs, I'm confident Patterson will have an immediate impact. Good Job Vikes!

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
I don't even think Minn is looking to trade into the 2nd any more. They can be content to kick back today, like the cat that ate the canary, and wait for their next pick in the 4th. They've had a pretty good track record picking WRs, I'm confident Patterson will have an immediate impact. Good Job Vikes!

Yeah, pretty good record, just don't mention Troy Williamson--DOH!! Laughing

I think Patterson is a bit of a high risk/high reward guy, physicals are thru the roof but he's young, unpolished and drops some balls. Got his work cut out for him but he'll have Greg Jennings there to mentor him, too.

Pretty amazing that only one QB went first round, and not the one anybody expected, and poor Gino Smith had to make the walk of shame out of there last night, uggh...but I still don't feel THAT sorry for him, or Teo either!

Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The last time the Browns won an NFL championship was 1964. This feels distant to everyone in America except those living in Northeast Ohio. To them, it seems like last weekend. If you try to annoy a Browns fan by noting how Cleveland has never won a Super Bowl, he will tell you that they've actually won four titles (1950, '54, '55, and '64) and that the only problem is that the term "Super Bowl" had not yet been invented. He will go on to tell you that the greatest football player who ever lived was a Brown, and that his name was Brown, and that the greatest player who ever lived is still only the second-most important person named Brown in the history of the franchise. He will tell you that he'll always root for the Browns, under any circumstances, no matter what happens, forever.

And then he will proceed to tell you how much the Browns suck.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9255454/chuck-klosterman-draft-day-cleveland

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke wrote:
The last time the Browns won an NFL championship was 1964. This feels distant to everyone in America except those living in Northeast Ohio. To them, it seems like last weekend. If you try to annoy a Browns fan by noting how Cleveland has never won a Super Bowl, he will tell you that they've actually won four titles (1950, '54, '55, and '64) and that the only problem is that the term "Super Bowl" had not yet been invented. He will go on to tell you that the greatest football player who ever lived was a Brown, and that his name was Brown, and that the greatest player who ever lived is still only the second-most important person named Brown in the history of the franchise. He will tell you that he'll always root for the Browns, under any circumstances, no matter what happens, forever.

And then he will proceed to tell you how much the Browns suck.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9255454/chuck-klosterman-draft-day-cleveland

Sounds very similar to my team (Detroit Lions):

Last NFL Championship - Browns 1964 - Lions 1957

Won 4 titles - Browns '50, '54, '55, '64 - Lions '35, '52; '53, '57

Greatest Player who ever lived - Browns Jim Brown(RB) - Lions Barry Sanders (RB)

He will tell you that he'll always root for the Lions, under any circumstances, no matter what happens, forever.

And then he will proceed to tell you how much the Lions suck.

We have a different meaning for S.O.L. - Same Old Lions!

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic