New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 9 - 10 - 18 - 5 - 12 - 9 - 7 ??
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't had a TP or PS scum in my Shadowspire stable -- until now. I ran one years ago in Osksi, but after a certain point it loses its charm. However, I don't see much choice here.

Options: 9-10-18-5-12-9-7 --> 13-13-18-7-17-9-7 TP/PS
or perhaps 11-15-18-6-18-9-7 TP/PS and try to bump WL & WT right away?? Or should I keep that WT at 7, since it seems to drop its ability to move or make decent decisions quite a bit (according to Terrablood and the Bagman charts).

Don't know much about scum except that they don't do much but stand around and get hit. This guy should do at LEAST 'great' damage and might even do more. It seems a shame to waste that hurt, but I doubt if it would work as a basher. Thoughts? Confused

Oh, also wondering -- can a TP scum start attacking in the later minutes of a fight? Is it worthwhile to try to get them to swing? I just want to put a warhammer in this guy's hands just ONCE to see what he can do! Very Happy

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You do get some horrible replacements in this arena. This one is workable though if you are interested in winning fights.

If you are thinking TP, you need to go full retard on this one. I have a SZ 20 that is doing great (34-7), so it is very workable and helps the W/L%.

9-10-18-5-12-9-7 ------> 10-16-18-5-18-9-8 TP, train WL x3, DFT x3, STR x2/3, WT x2, SPD xwhatever you want -- then train skills. This is suggested without me actually looking at Terrablood. I'd check it to see where the physical markers are located and plan my stat burning from there.

Put a WH in his hands as a TP and he'll probably do nothing. The point of a scum is to utilize your physicals over your opponents skills to win the fight.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
If you are thinking TP, you need to go full retard on this one...... Put a WH in his hands as a TP and he'll probably do nothing. The point of a scum is to utilize your physicals over your opponents skills to win the fight.

Roger that. HOWEVER, what if I made it a dumb P-Strike? Wouldn't it still have the same basic Parry abilities of a TP? It's my understanding that a TP can't be blessed in Parry, but other parry-styles can.

Yeah, I'm dragging my feet about it, but I'm probably going to go with the TP scum scenario. Still --- I'm wondering how a P-Strike scum would work. It would give me a few more weapons to work with, and I believe the likelihood of striking back in the later minutes... but I dunno. Confused Probably too dumb to even connect if it WOULD attempt to strike back!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With this RU and with the numbers I suggested -- after all the trains/burns, a +4 Par Piker will have the same Parry skills as a TP, who can't be bonused, which is 9.

I am not in love with scum, but I will run them because I am in love with free fights and they help me accomplish the necessary goals to get free fights, which is win more than lose. It isn't about charm, it is about efficiency.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

CAVEAT -- I am medicated, so everyone feel free to check my math.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
CAVEAT -- I am medicated, so everyone feel free to check my math.

Math, meds, or misc, we would do exactly as Master Darque stated.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic