New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 6-10-9-8-10-13-14
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

9-10-9-13-16-13-14 lunger?
Daikkan
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would do 9-10-9-13-15-13-15 LU/SL.

Daikkan
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

These rolls are "tough".
The suggestions above seem solid.
Here are ours:
9-10-9-11-15-13-17 PR/PL/SL/ST
10-10-9-14-14-13-14 burner SL/PL/LU/PS/ST

We would make the burner.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

7-10-9-13-15-13-17 SL, on a short leash...

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, first off, I'll supply my typical response to such a rollup: I'd DA it immediately. If you choose to run it, then Consortium's burner looks like a good route, and you're not ruining a "good" rollup by doing so.
It's kinda like that old joke; marry an ugly woman, 'cause if she leaves you, who cares?

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
These rolls are "tough".
Here are ours:

I like the parry-riposte. I normally don't make Parry-riposte with a wit less than 15, but ONCE I did as an experiment. The stats were: 11-13-11-14-13-6-16. She went 12-5-0 in regular play without stat raises. If I ever reactivate the team, it would be interesting to see how she would do by today’s standards.
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
These rolls are "tough".
Here are ours:

I like the parry-riposte. I normally don't make Parry-riposte with a wit less than 15, but ONCE I did as an experiment. The stats were: 11-13-11-14-13-6-16. She went 12-5-0 in regular play without stat raises. If I ever reactivate the team, it would be interesting to see how she would do by today’s standards.

I had a similar PR from the "old days" and decided to run via proxy at Jan F2F and Apr MI ... He only did average, and was killed during Mail-in. I had high hopes because the 5 Wit statements were all "high". I'd suggest you get the full overview before deciding to run her. My problem was not knowing favorites (rythym & weapons) and a lowish CN.

Regarding the new RU, I'd possibly go with a PL since I enjoy the style a little more than PR. Personally, I prefer to avoid burners in case the RUG's are in a "blessing" mood.

Trmweb
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
These rolls are "tough".
Here are ours:

I had a similar PR from the "old days" and decided to run via proxy at Jan F2F and Apr MI ... He only did average, and was killed during Mail-in. I had high hopes because the 5 Wit statements were all "high". I'd suggest you get the full overview before deciding to run her. My problem was not knowing favorites (rythym & weapons) and a lowish CN.

Regarding the new RU, I'd possibly go with a PL since I enjoy the style a little more than PR. Personally, I prefer to avoid burners in case the RUG's are in a "blessing" mood.Trmweb

Interesting thoughts.
Can you please expand on the bolded phrases. I am not sure I understand the relationship between the RUGs blessings and burning that you mean?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
trmweb wrote:
Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
These rolls are "tough".
Here are ours:

Regarding the new RU, I'd possibly go with a PL since I enjoy the style a little more than PR. Personally, I prefer to avoid burners in case the RUG's are in a "blessing" mood.Trmweb

Interesting thoughts.
Can you please expand on the bolded phrases. I am not sure I understand the relationship between the RUGs blessings and burning that you mean?

My only point is that a "burner" is designed after making the decision that this RU will probably not be a "godling", meaning that Primus-Potential is very unlikely. That may be true, but it seems that a slim chance still exists that the warrior could come back from the RUGs with great blessings.

For example, they could have the following bonuses. Be ambidextrous (+1 ATT). Have Great verses Normal or Good damage. Have high-level Wit statements (meaning bonused starting skill levels depending on style).

I know its more likely that they will be returned either mode or only with one blessing. But personally, I'd like to know for sure rather than make them a burner who comes back with "heavy" blessings. I'm open to other opinions, but I guess I have an optimistic "bent" on things.

Hope that explains my reasoning.
Trim
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
trmweb wrote:
Longshot wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
These rolls are "tough".
Here are ours:

Interesting thoughts.

My only point is that a "burner" is designed after making the decision that this RU will probably not be a "godling", meaning that Primus-Potential is very unlikely. That may be true, but it seems that a slim chance still exists that the warrior could come back from the RUGs with great blessings.

For example, they could have the following bonuses. Be ambidextrous (+1 ATT). Have Great verses Normal or Good damage. Have high-level Wit statements (meaning bonused starting skill levels depending on style).

I know its more likely that they will be returned either mode or only with one blessing. But personally, I'd like to know for sure rather than make them a burner who comes back with "heavy" blessings. I'm open to other opinions, but I guess I have an optimistic "bent" on things.

Hope that explains my reasoning.
Trim

Thanks. We better understand.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it is "Primus potential" you'll regain all burnt skills there. The only place it truly hurts is top of basic tourneys and ADM. As an example you burn off ATT, PAR, DEF, and DEC by taking WL from 14 to 15. You can only learn 19 in those skill areas now since the burned skill counts towards the "20 in each area" that can be learned. That'll live with you all the way until Primus where you'll learn those burned skills; in essence you will learn 25 skills in each area through skill training, in fights, once you hit Primus regardless of burns that occur at any point .... including burning skills in Primus you can still learn them back. In the end game you get 25 skill learns in every area in Primus.

I would put it like this: I make a burner only if I see it doesn't have basic or ADM tourney potential, or it will be lacking severely in the basic arena and I can strengthen it by burning. Primus is the ultimate equalizer that makes mistakes (i.e. Burns) go away!!!

Put it a few different ways to hopefully make it clear .... but as I usually seem to do I probably made it more confusing! Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
If it is "Primus potential" you'll regain all burnt skills there. The only place it truly hurts is top of basic tourneys and ADM. As an example you burn off ATT, PAR, DEF, and DEC by taking WL from 14 to 15. You can only learn 19 in those skill areas now since the burned skill counts towards the "20 in each area" that can be learned. That'll live with you all the way until Primus where you'll learn those burned skills; in essence you will learn 25 skills in each area through skill training, in fights, once you hit Primus regardless of burns that occur at any point .... including burning skills in Primus you can still learn them back. In the end game you get 25 skill learns in every area in Primus.

I would put it like this: I make a burner only if I see it doesn't have basic or ADM tourney potential, or it will be lacking severely in the basic arena and I can strengthen it by burning. Primus is the ultimate equalizer that makes mistakes (i.e. Burns) go away!!!

Put it a few different ways to hopefully make it clear .... but as I usually seem to do I probably made it more confusing! Laughing

We put our burner yes/no process rather simply:
We design to whatever we think will make it a better warrior faster.

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always see if my guy can make it with out burning away skills. I am still stuck in my old style in that regard.

Not to mention, it is hard an hell to raise stats. At least it is for my high wit and will guys.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic