New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 11-6-5-17-12-9-10
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My initial thoughts are to go 15-6-5-21-17-9-11 as either a ST or a LU

Thoughts?.......

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's a beautiful tourney ST.... 14-6-5-21-17-10-11. I moved 1 pt of ST to SP for the extra Dec skill therefore showing +4 on the rollup (starting with 12 dec and 9 att). 14/5 should keep you out of little dmg.

Your numbers are a fine set as well. I personally wouldn't go LU with this rollup due to the likelihood of rolling normal/normal with this guy... preferring good/good or great/normal on my LU's.

Enjoy this sweet sz5!

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would go:

11-6-5-17-12-9-10 --> 17-6-5-21-15-9-11 ST

This warrior is all but guaranteed to be tournament viable up through Champions.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
My initial thoughts are to go 15-6-5-21-17-9-11 as either a ST or a LU

Thoughts?.......

Hmmmmm.
Nice.
Not a lunger.
Your idea looks fine to us.
Our preferred design = 14-6-5-21-17-10-11 ST

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now this one is just showing off, really.

Nice, Ben. Reeaal nice.

No, I mean it. Nice rollup man! Very Happy

HowlinWolf
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

+4 dec doesn't matter since you'll run him anyways. Give this guy 15 ST for the BA, or 17 ST for good damage.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I much hate to waste RUs under SZ 7 on styles that don't benefit from the extra DEF, or PAR, but in the rare cases where you do get attacked DEF could prove quite useful! I have had some good success with STs that were near maxed in DEF in later tourney classes, and since this guy has a pretty decent shot at GOOD damage I would not view it as much a waste of a small RU as I normally would!

I could still see it being quite an effective LU! I've done just fine (even better than fine to be accurate) with Normal/Normal LUs. I would likely pass on the 10 SP and stick with your 15 ST design for the following: Once he maxes out DEC you have a VERY easy extra DEC skill, whereas taking the 10 SP leaves you 2 trains from another DEC. STs usually learn ATT somewhere from 2nd to 4th most often and your not giving up any important points elsewhere to take your ST to 15, in fact your WANTING points in ST to try and avoid little, and gain a better shot at GOOD, damage!

I have no qualms with OAB's design, with my impressive 0 TC's who'd listen anyways, but I like the extra skills that come at 17 WL over 17 ST (a DEF and a DEC; both get an ATT and a PAR). I realize he is doing so to all but guarantee GOOD and get a shot at GREAT damage (looks like a chance at Great only begins at 17 ST), as far as we know 17 ST always gets GOOD+ damage regardless of SZ. But I'd rather burn/train ST and start with the 17 WL for all the benefits ad intangibles that come with WL.

As a comparison:
11-6-5-17-12-9-10 --> 15-6-5-21-17-9-11 ST (9/9/10/4/10/11)
11-6-5-17-12-9-10 --> 15-6-5-21-17-9-11 LU (13/9/16/5/12/10)

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
I would go:

11-6-5-17-12-9-10 --> 17-6-5-21-15-9-11 ST

This warrior is all but guaranteed to be tournament viable up through Champions.

+1
17 ST for the attack and damage and hope he learns well.

Guido
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this same rollup years ago and went 11-6-5-21-17-9-15, Slasher. She's had quite the successful career, but only one TV. She's gone 7-3 three times, though.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would definately go the 15 ST, 17 Will Route.

The 15 WL route gives you 10 Att/10 Dec/9 Def to start which is a great starting point (and good damage). However, in tournaments (especially the early ones). 10/10 is about what most people use as a bench mark for strikers, bashers, slashers etc.. I would want just even that hair edge on everyone else.

17 WL gives you 10 Att/11 Dec/10 Def. The defense won't matter early but could come into play later on. And I know its only 1 point of dec and 1 point of defense but I think it could make a difference in warriors that are going to be nearly identicle.

You can always train to 17 Str easy enough once you max att/dec. And you will do it easier with 17 Will rather than 15 Will. Same with the other stats you will eventually raise the Speed, the Con etc. What you are hoping by the time you get into champs is to have maxed out Att/Dec already and you can stat train. So he would eventually looks like: 17-8-5-21-19-10-13

Plus think about a long challenger run. I have a 73FE striker sitting in there still

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gentle Ben, can you please tell me who you bribed to get a roll up like this. I could use a couple of guys like this in Arkers.Smile
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
Gentle Ben, can you please tell me who you bribed to get a roll up like this. I could use a couple of guys like this in Arkers.Smile

Have you been making your regular sacrifices to the RUGs? They seem to like pretty, and, young Virgins and for some reason Goats and/or Chickens Confused . Don't let anybody fool you they don't really like Gold as much as people say! Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Longshot wrote:

Have you been making your regular sacrifices to the RUGs? They seem to like pretty, and, young Virgins and for some reason Goats and/or Chickens. Don't let anybody fool you they don't really like Gold as much as people say! Laughing

I don't remember making any sacrifices but someone stole my bucket of fried chicken and the next day I got this RU with greasy prints all over it....hmmmm

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Longshot wrote:

Have you been making your regular sacrifices to the RUGs? They seem to like pretty, and, young Virgins and for some reason Goats and/or Chickens. Don't let anybody fool you they don't really like Gold as much as people say! Laughing

I don't remember making any sacrifices but someone stole my bucket of fried chicken and the next day I got this RU with greasy prints all over it....hmmmm

Well if you save them the trouble of cooking it I'd assume they show you favor! KFC or Popeyes?

Thomas Jefferson
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That was my next question, Street Legal. Perhaps Church's? Do the RUGs also like sides?
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic