New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 174
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then! Very Happy

Four titles (five if I were to include Starry Void's dubious honor of being "most challenged") and yet still at the shallow end of the teams' listings. So cheer up everyone! If it can happen to Search the Sky, it could happen to ANYONE.

Sigh. Which means I'll be back to square one soon. And it reminds me that I need to apologize...

Sorry, Dragon's Bane Guild! Crying or Very sad It is VERY regrettable to gain the throne by stepping over a corpse. First, it's a shame to waste talent that has been developed steadily over many turns. Second, it can easily lead to bad blood. Neither situation appeals to me.

I did not intend to kill your warrior. I don't have my turn yet, but I suspect that I latched onto Nova's rhythms and favorite weapon midway through her career. Makes a huge difference! I thought it was a fair match -- 22pts down and Nova had slightly less FE... but these things happen. I wish I could hang around and give you an opportunity to B-Feud, but it is what it is. Wink

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2 for the wolven ones.

Not too bad, doesn't look like I got a single challenge through and my PA's didn't go through and I know I sent them through the email. Not sure whats going on. But I am still active!

I will post more when my turns come in the mail.

DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2 for the Cult. Better record than the last 2 turns but skills were kind of blah. Had 1 learn 0, 2 learn 1 each, 1 learn 4 with a rating and 1 got his stat train.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:

Sigh. Which means I'll be back to square one soon. And it reminds me that I need to apologize...

Sorry, Dragon's Bane Guild! Crying or Very sad It is VERY regrettable to gain the throne by stepping over a corpse. First, it's a shame to waste talent that has been developed steadily over many turns. Second, it can easily lead to bad blood. Neither situation appeals to me.

I did not intend to kill your warrior. I don't have my turn yet, but I suspect that I latched onto Nova's rhythms and favorite weapon midway through her career. Makes a huge difference! I thought it was a fair match -- 22pts down and Nova had slightly less FE... but these things happen. I wish I could hang around and give you an opportunity to B-Feud, but it is what it is. Wink

Yeah, the dath of Syftar Traff made this one of the most frustrating, annoying, and all-together sucky turns I have had in a long time.

Syftar Traff: 11-14-11-15-7-9-17. AB. 7 ratings and +5 in known bonuses. The rollup is nothing amazing, but I had come to really like the warrior. He started 4-12, but I stubbornly stuck with him. In his last 15 fights he had completely turned it around and gone 12-3, and I think only 4 of those were of the anti-scum easy victory type for an AB. He had turned into a fun warrior who could beat alll types -- and from 4-12, getting over .500 was a feat.

And I think I've lost count of the number of 20+FE Aimed Blows I've had die on me. Yeah, I know, with a 7 will it was no shock, but once you top 30 FE you should be sorta safe.

And, no, Kid Arcane, I don't blame you. These things happen. They just stink. And even if you weren't DM and graduating, I have no veterans to BF with anyway.

The rest of the team went 3-1, for what it is worth.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:

Yeah, the dath of Syftar Traff made this one of the most frustrating, annoying, and all-together sucky turns I have had in a long time.

Syftar Traff: 11-14-11-15-7-9-17. AB. 7 ratings and +5 in known bonuses. The rollup is nothing amazing, but I had come to really like the warrior. He started 4-12, but I stubbornly stuck with him. In his last 15 fights he had completely turned it around and gone 12-3, and I think only 4 of those were of the anti-scum easy victory type for an AB. He had turned into a fun warrior who could beat alll types -- and from 4-12, getting over .500 was a feat.

And I think I've lost count of the number of 20+FE Aimed Blows I've had die on me. Yeah, I know, with a 7 will it was no shock, but once you top 30 FE you should be sorta safe.

And, no, Kid Arcane, I don't blame you. These things happen. They just stink. And even if you weren't DM and graduating, I have no veterans to BF with anyway.

The rest of the team went 3-1, for what it is worth.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pretty horrible 1-4 for the Diner this turn. One bright spot was one of my noobs learning five skills in his loss. On the other hand, one of them is getting a DA notice next turn.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
...And, no, Kid Arcane, I don't blame you. These things happen. They just stink. And even if you weren't DM and graduating, I have no veterans to BF with anyway.

Embarassed Uh... well, good. That's GOOD, right? Just received my turn. I was surprised. The rhythm I had down, but not the weapon.

Blue Nova: 13-12-10-21-8-9-11, Great damage, AdEx Init and Attack, Expert Riposte and Parry, and Master in Decise, of course. Favorite learn is Parry, of course (she's sitting on over a dozen) but could barely eke out an Expert in that skill. Mod. OE/Very Low AE.

Favorite weapon? One I never even considered: her Fist???!!! I thought it was the Greataxe; she broke Lady Godiva's broadsword and shield with it; almost every other attack was a crit. I honestly thought that Syftar Traff would be kinda safe, as I only used the GA against really heavy armor... Rolling Eyes

Whatever. It feels lame apologizing again, but I REALLY am sorry about it. Thanks, Nomad, for taking it so well. I feel a little better. Sad

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum