Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: mL7eW4aD1r
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 19797

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Interested in writing a Duel2 article for new PBM magazine?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
GrimFinger
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If anyone is interested in submitting an article or a review for Duel2 to Suspense & Decision magazine, a new PBM Magazine for the 21st Century, then send your submissions to:

GrimFinger@GrimFinger.Net

Issue # 2 just came out. If interested, check it out at:

http://playbymail.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=798
View user's profileSend private message
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: May 06, 2003
Posts: 2152
Location: Frozen Tundra of North Dakota

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's fantastic that somebody is putting this out! Looks like RSI is at least advertising in it, via the final page of the issue! The exact same ad they were running in like 1986! Guess if it ain't broke...

I would be interested in writing an article but don't know if I can find the time to make it really good. Hopefully one of us (or someone at RSI??) can make it happen. We could use the visibility, and I think the story of RSI and their handful of games and how they have survived is a great story!

_________________
Stik
Grim Fandango (21)
and various DM82/84/100 projects
View user's profileSend private message
GrimFinger
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
That's fantastic that somebody is putting this out! Looks like RSI is at least advertising in it, via the final page of the issue! The exact same ad they were running in like 1986! Guess if it ain't broke...

I would be interested in writing an article but don't know if I can find the time to make it really good. Hopefully one of us (or someone at RSI??) can make it happen. We could use the visibility, and I think the story of RSI and their handful of games and how they have survived is a great story!


Well, even if your article isn't "really good," it will likely be better than there not being an article, at all.

Lee approved the modified Hyborian War ad. Most people that I know that played that game encountered it via the original ad. So, I felt that it wasn't broke, as far as ads go.

We could run a Duel2 ad, also, if Lee approves it.

Any artists here? Perhaps someone could draw something, to accompany your article? Just a suggestion.
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3367
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GrimFinger wrote:
Stik wrote:
That's fantastic that somebody is putting this out! Looks like RSI is at least advertising in it, via the final page of the issue! The exact same ad they were running in like 1986! Guess if it ain't broke...

I would be interested in writing an article but don't know if I can find the time to make it really good. Hopefully one of us (or someone at RSI??) can make it happen. We could use the visibility, and I think the story of RSI and their handful of games and how they have survived is a great story!


Well, even if your article isn't "really good," it will likely be better than there not being an article, at all.

Lee approved the modified Hyborian War ad. Most people that I know that played that game encountered it via the original ad. So, I felt that it wasn't broke, as far as ads go.

We could run a Duel2 ad, also, if Lee approves it.

Any artists here? Perhaps someone could draw something, to accompany your article? Just a suggestion.


What have we come upon with this? Never written an article but I could perhaps step up if Stik's family obligations take up all of his time.... I've written quite a few ToGS stories and Duelmaster Spotlights.

As to the artwork the Gladiator on the original ADM turnsheets would suffice somewhat crudely since it has some color.

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
GrimFinger
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
What have we come upon with this? Never written an article but I could perhaps step up if Stik's family obligations take up all of his time.... I've written quite a few ToGS stories and Duelmaster Spotlights.

As to the artwork the Gladiator on the original ADM turnsheets would suffice somewhat crudely since it has some color.


Thus far, no one has sent me anything, there isn't anything to include.

For an ad, Lee will need to approve it.

For an article, one or more need to just submit it to me. Send it to:

GrimFinger@GrimFinger.Net
View user's profileSend private message
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jun 21, 2002
Posts: 2351
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm working on an article, but real life keeps interrupting my efforts. Is there a deadline?

_________________
Master Darque

Darque Angels -- 39
Darque Forces -- 31, 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Darque Ages, et al. -- 100
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
GrimFinger
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
I'm working on an article, but real life keeps interrupting my efforts. Is there a deadline?


The submission deadline for issue # 3 (January 2014 issue) is January 20th. Typically, though, the issue doesn't get published until the last day or two of the month.

You can always submit an article for the following issue, if you don't make it for a certain month's issue. If I receive it before I publish a given issue, odds are, I will include it. My main concern is making sure that the magazine is published in 4-page increments.
View user's profileSend private message
GrimFinger
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last chance to get an article for Duel2 included in issue # 3 of Suspense & Decision magazine.
View user's profileSend private message
GrimFinger
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Issue # 3 of Suspense & Decision magazine is out, now.

http://playbymail.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=815

Unfortunately, nobody submitted any articles for Duel2. But, perhaps someone will take time out to do one for issue # 4, the February 2014 issue.
View user's profileSend private message
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 2065
Location: Fargo, ND

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anybody able to bring this to the attention of the group in the chat room?

I would, but right now it just isn't possible. Somebody, step up!
View user's profileSend private message
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: May 06, 2003
Posts: 2152
Location: Frozen Tundra of North Dakota

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like Darque is working on it, let the man work I say! He'll do it justice!

_________________
Stik
Grim Fandango (21)
and various DM82/84/100 projects
View user's profileSend private message
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 30, 2012
Posts: 508
Location: Port Moody, BC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an idea and I will work on it. I also write for a fashion magazine. Don't laugh. Laughing

But I will try and get something out to you.
View user's profileSend private message
GrimFinger
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The submission deadline for issue # 4 is February 20th, 2014.

Send submissions to: GrimFinger@GrimFinger.Net
View user's profileSend private message
GrimFinger
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Issue # 4's submission deadline is now less than a week away.

Would love to have something Duel2 related for this issue, if anyone is up to the task and feels like it and has the spare time to do it.


Send submissions to: GrimFinger@GrimFinger.Net
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8785
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimfinger

Please keep updating and reminding and motivating us.

Sooner or later one of us DMers (whoops - D2ers) will find/make time and there will be at least one DM article.

I promise.

P.S. It would help if you could throw any of the HW games you are in to any of us DMers playing! Wink

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
997 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1514*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1456; Lenpros DM30 @ 1420; Fandils @ 1330
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::