New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Is the Eligible bracket shrinking?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm getting frustrated with the tourney timing, in regards to my zombie Odin. Last Tourney, I was trying to keep him in ADM but he just barely got bumped up to Eligibles. I figured OK, he's just over the line somehow, so I might as well raise some stats now. All I did, I swear ALL I did, was raise DF from 15 to 17, and he became a Primus Inducted Contender! Shouldn't a fighter get more than ONE Eligible tourney?

He's gone from 5-2-0 in basic to Primus Inducted in just 2 years, not even fighting every turn, that seems really fast to me.

Does the fact that he's been Keeper of the Runeblade (Duelmasters spot in 100) for like 7 turns in a row now, have anything to do with it?

Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't believe anyone exactly understands the criteria to move up or stay in a class.

I am almost certain the criteria is applied the same way to every manager.

There are patterns that are well understood and there are unexplained exceptions to those patterns.

In Odin's case, if he is anywhere over 210 skills, he is well within the range to be moved to Contender (as far as I'm concerned). I do feel your pain. Almost every one of us has been bitten at least once by guys getting moved up a class before we wanted them to.

As to whether sitting on the throne affects your classification, I have no clue. You can always sit him in Primus and hope he drops back down. Some warriors will drop back down after time passes (if it hasn't happened in 2 years, I would assume it isn't going to happen). Other warriors never drop down.
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I realize this doesn't ease your pain any - but I just had an ADM lunger who has gone ~4-3 and 5-3 in his ADM tournies get bumped to eligibles after training his con from 10-14... so there's that. Unfortunately for RSI they will just lose money on that one since I won't be fighting him anymore.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic