New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 12-7-10-4-16-11-10
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This guy will go straight to the dark arena. If I keep getting high willed retard as replacements, I am done with the game. Sorry, I can't keep giving money for sh*t roll ups.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what you mean, I have had a run of some fairly crappy DA replacements lately, but you can't give up hope, and you can't expect to be getting potential 21 WTers dished out all the time either. The system's never worked like that and never will.

You can either take a not-so-perfect raw rollup and make it the best it can be and run it and appreciate it for the arena warrior it is, and take pride in whatever success it may get, or you can be the pickier manager and hold out for the choice specimens. Sometimes I'm one, sometimes I'm the other, but I generally try to give a rollup a chance before DAing it unless it's truly heinous.

For this guy, not that you asked, but I might try:

16-7-10-10-20-11-10 burner BA. Holy cow that's a whole lotta crispy waitin' to happen there! Fun!

17-7-10-7-21-11-11 or 14-7-10-10-21-11-11 are others but the burner looks like the most fun to play with IMO. Or just send it to the DA, if it matches up with Mountain Troll it could be a fun read!

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the encouragement and the advice.

Here, let me give you an idea of what I have to work with.
It's not that I want all 21 WIT warriors. I would be happy with double digits.
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In addition to Stik's designs, I've had good success with lower wit hybrids and this guy looks somewhat like the classic spear lunger:

Hybrid:
12-10-10-9-21-11-11 WOS/TP/L

Spear Lunger
15-7-10-7-21-12-11 L (+1 point, most likely on Wit to see bonuses better)

For the record, I would LOVE this replacement on any team (including a tourney team). For the tourney team, it is rookies and done, but much better one of those than a completely useless setup that is going directly back to the DA.

I could get behind any of the designs I've seen on this guy
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for talking me down. I am old this frustrated because I have gotten this five times now. I tried to bring back another team and pretty much got the same caliber of warrior. Which is okay because I am back to only two arenas now.Smile

I seriously doubt any of you would run this guy in a tourney. I have seen what you run in tourneys. That 12-7-10-4-16-11-10 crap isn't it.

Here. Check this out.
7-13-12-5-16-8-9
13-5-7-4-16-13-12
12-7-10-4-16-11-10

This is 3/5 of the Chosen in DM-8. That's right, three of the five warriors on that team is this kind of crap. In their hey day, they were 60.X. When I brought them out of retirement, they were 50.3. Now, after two years of trying to make crap roll ups work, I am 48.2.

Now do you see why I am at my wits' end? Sad
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
This guy will go straight to the dark arena. If I keep getting high willed retard as replacements, I am done with the game. Sorry, I can't keep giving money for sh*t roll ups.

For what it is worth, we would trade you half our warriors in DM8 for this roll. It may be low wit, but it will win. 21 WL is quite valuable.

15-8-10-7-21-12-11 BA for us.

P.S. While working through what you consider lesser rollups, focus on your roleplaying and writing which you are so very good at.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Longshot wrote:

For what it is worth, we would trade you half our warriors in DM8 for this roll. It may be low wit, but it will win. 21 WL is quite valuable.

15-8-10-7-21-12-11 BA for us.

P.S. While working through what you consider lesser rollups, focus on your roleplaying and writing which you are so very good at.

Thanks, Consortium. Smile
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
I seriously doubt any of you would run this guy in a tourney. I have seen what you run in tourneys. That 12-7-10-4-16-11-10 crap isn't it.

I have, do, and will in the future run guys similar to this in tourneys. Not everyone would, but I like running guys in Rookies and then retiring them. Some of them do very well.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
Longshot wrote:

I have, do, and will in the future run guys similar to this in tourneys. Not everyone would, but I like running guys in Rookies and then retiring them. Some of them do very well.

I suspect that Assur and us are the only ones who may run such in tournaments, but then, those silly other managers are just not as smart as we are! (Perhaps we also define smart differently.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
Longshot wrote:

I suspect that Assur and us are the only ones who may run such in tournaments, but then, those silly other managers are just not as smart as we are! (Perhaps we also define smart differently.)

Not only can we run interesting rollups, but we can double-post with the best of them!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic