New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Feel the Calling
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz here, for those that may remember me.

As the title says, but things look kind of dead. Is it still worth it for me to come back?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:

As the title says, but things look kind of dead. Is it still worth it for me to come back?

Salutations, Big Guy!
Come on back.
Things have actually been gently growing in the past 5 years.
Tournament activity is big. (Just finished the FTF in Newark, NJ, with 30+ including some female play. Some arenas are doing very well. (Fprgot which ones we competed with you in.)
Best place to get quick info - Chatzy - see another thread on this site. It is active.
Welcome home.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

By all means, lots of fun to be had. Though I've left the Great White North and now reside in the evil American Empire. I have to say, better mail service though.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is still worth coming back!
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to see you alive and well! Pull out your old overviews and strat sheets, pick up some steel and come dance!!

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back. Very Happy
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back.
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely come back, and once you do join the chatzy room as well where there is a TON of real time talk.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Papaiz,

I haven't heard of anyone ever regretting coming back. However, it's surprising how your life changes to revolve around two week stretches between DM turns.

If you ever want to try a new arena , I’d like to throw out the Free Blade city of Rocanis (56). I try to write a spotlight every turn as the city has a very rich history and has played an integral part of shaping the face of southeast Alastari. I always invite everyone to check out the #56 newsletters every two weeks for the latest intrigue.

As a unashamed plug, Rocanis is also the focus of the Duel 2 novel, Dark Arena, written by myself (Mark G. Manley), so I have a vested interest in this city. I worked closely with RSI to publish a novel set in the Duel II world of Alastari. However, it will always be Duelmasters to me. In the early turns of Rocanis, there was an open war between the cities of Rocanis and Jhans, called the Rocanis War. I wrote about the preceding events leading up to and including the war. I’ve made great efforts to ensure I included as much of Jhans, Trocar and Rocanis’ history, landmarks, and notable places in the novel.

If you are interested, there are copies (paperback and e-book) both with chapter illustrations at www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Just search for Dark Arena and look for my name. At Amazon, you can read the blurb, reviews, and I think you can read a sample chapter or two for free. If you go through Amazon, and look for my name as the seller, I can sign the copy and send it. That was the easiest method to get signed copies to my fellow managers. Also, I believe Lee has a few copies at her bookstore www.Bookmaze.com, for anyone visiting Arizona.

Again, welcome back and good luck on the sands!

Grimwood mgr. Skull Squadron (#56)
(AKA Mark G. Manley)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimwood wrote:
Hi Papaiz,

I haven't heard of anyone ever regretting coming back. However, it's surprising how your life changes to revolve around two week stretches between DM turns.

If you ever want to try a new arena , I’d like to throw out the Free Blade city of Rocanis (56). I try to write a spotlight every turn as the city has a very rich history and has played an integral part of shaping the face of southeast Alastari. I always invite everyone to check out the #56 newsletters every two weeks for the latest intrigue.

As a unashamed plug, Rocanis is also the focus of the Duel 2 novel, Dark Arena, written by myself (Mark G. Manley), so I have a vested interest in this city. I worked closely with RSI to publish a novel set in the Duel II world of Alastari. However, it will always be Duelmasters to me. In the early turns of Rocanis, there was an open war between the cities of Rocanis and Jhans, called the Rocanis War. I wrote about the preceding events leading up to and including the war. I’ve made great efforts to ensure I included as much of Jhans, Trocar and Rocanis’ history, landmarks, and notable places in the novel.

If you are interested, there are copies (paperback and e-book) both with chapter illustrations at www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Just search for Dark Arena and look for my name. At Amazon, you can read the blurb, reviews, and I think you can read a sample chapter or two for free. If you go through Amazon, and look for my name as the seller, I can sign the copy and send it. That was the easiest method to get signed copies to my fellow managers. Also, I believe Lee has a few copies at her bookstore www.Bookmaze.com, for anyone visiting Arizona.

(AKA Mark G. Manley)

An unsolicited, unpaid, unasked for plug .....
It is a good book and a fun read and well worth it.
It was required reading for all Consortium managers and we all loved it!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimwood wrote:
Hi Papaiz,

(AKA Mark G. Manley)

An unsolicited, unpaid, unasked for plug .....
It is a good book and a fun read and well worth it.
It was required reading for all Consortium managers and we all loved it!

blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:

oh wow, didnt see the topic!! Yes come back, i just came back myself...duel2 and crack seem to have something in common lmao, we all seem to come back:)

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
LePentarque
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back Very Happy
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LePentarque wrote:
Welcome back Very Happy
hiya man Wink

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am feeling the call again as well but its still under debate. Looking at my old favorite arenas.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic