New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The King of Primus 2016!!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please read entire rules, things are a little different this year!

King of Primus 2016
====================
Who: 32 of the top teams and managers in Primus!

Each team must consist of 5 warriors, each of a *different* style.
A team may consist of one or more managers.
A manager may belong to only one team.

Managers who are able to field 5 warriors of different styles for themselves are STRONGLY encouraged to do so, but for those that can't, combination teams are definitely allowed. Management reserves the right to veto any combination teams deemed "overpowered" (unlikely but you never know).

What: The King of Primus is a bracket-style competition where teams of 5 warriors fight against each other in a match play-like system.

Teams will be seeded 1 to 32 based on the AVERAGE rank of their warriors on turn 694 of Primus. Warriors MUST be listed in the Turn 694 Newsletter to be eligible for the competition. Any ties in average rank will be broken by the ranking of the highest warrior.

On each team, warriors will be ranked 1 to 5 based on their ranking on turn 694 of Primus. During match play, the #1 warrior from Team A will match up with the #1 warrior from Team B, the #2 Team A warrior will match up with the #2 warrior from Team B, and so forth. Warrior rankings will remain static throughout the competition, as will manager seedings.

The King of Primus will be the one team that goes 5-0. Even though the contest is single elimination to determine the winner, there will be a consolation rounds and everyone will have five matches. In the end, everyone will find out where their stable really ranks in Primus!

Because of the quick turnaround, we will probably not be able to correct mistakes (especially if they are RSI's). If they're mine, such as I counted wrong, awarded the wrong winner, etc., I will do my best to correct them and notify managers of match up changes before the next round.

When: The contest will take place starting on Primus Turn 695 and will run for five turns, ending in Turn 699. However, remember that your warriors must be listed in the Turn 694 newsletter to be eligible, so it's not a bad idea to climb up high in the rankings now to earn as high a seed as you can.

Otto X is guaranteed a seed no lower than #16 by virtue of his winning the consolation tourney win in the last King of Primus.

How: To enter, you can sign up in this thread, write an ad in the Primus newsletter, or PM/Email Manager with the following information: The Name(s) of managers on your team, the 5 warriors (Name AND ID# and style) to be on your team, and what warrior you want to select for a possible Royal Court Selection (see prize section).

Example: Manager's Team
---------------
1. Bonnie (29-2780) (AB)
2. Weird Head Boy (63-2216) (LU) *
3. Koji Shikeru (40-2619) (SL)
4. Skyfire (37-2065) (PL)
5. Patience (1-2619) (TP)
* Denotes Royal Court Prize Pick

Since the contest takes place in the arena, you'll have to read the newsletter and the forums to figure out who you will match up against each turn. We'll post all the managers and teams before the contest begins, as well, to make it easier.

Once you are entered, your warriors will run *regardless* of whether or not you entered a strategy! So you can't miss a turn, but you're also committed to running for the duration of the event!

Prizes: The winner of the competition will be named the King of Primus!!! As a winner, you get to control the fate of the arena for a very special Turn 700! The Winner of the contest can select three "decrees" from a list of items that will affect how Primus plays out on it's historic Turn 700!

They are:
==========
- Rename the Arena
- Have a non-automated spy report written by you or the manager of your choice
- Increase/Decrease the Skill Learning
- Increase/Decrease the Training Percentage
- Increase/Decrease the Kill Percentage
- No Challenges and/or Avoids
- Bring back the Defend Gate Challenge
- Slashers are banned from the arena!
- Have an NPC Match-Up Week!
- If you have other ideas, the Commission may consider it, but will have the right to refuse.
- All of these special decrees are for Turn 700 only.

As the King of Primus, you also get the first member of your Royal Court! When entering a team, each team who participates must designate one of their warriors to be in the "twin pool". (No DYOs or roll-up-altering warriors allowed.) After winning, one warrior will be drawn from the pool at RANDOM, and you will have the option to be able to "twin" that warrior's numbers and stick him on an existing team (no-tourney arenas not allowed), if you so desire. Consider carefully your odds of winning when choosing a warrior to donate to the Royal Court. You may opt out if you desire--but if you win, you don't get this part of the prize.

The Consolation Champion (17th place) gets 5 Team Roll-Ups.

The last place manager is deemed the Court Jester and wins a Hyborian War Set-Up.

Every Match win by a manager wins a +1 stat train potion (max 4). Stat train potions must not be used between the freeze date and a tourney. (Combo Teams only receive 1 potion per win, to be distributed at their discretion.)

For everyone else, there is an exciting Consolation Prize Pool to keep everyone motivated to finish as high as possible. There are 30+ items in the Consolation Prize Pool--one of each item. The First Place Winner gets first choice of an item in the pool, second place gets the second choice, and so on. Whoever finishes last gets to choose from the remaining items. Here are the items in the Consolation Prize Pool:

Consolation Prize Pool
=======================
+1 Attack Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Attack base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Init Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Init base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Decise Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Decise base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Parry Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Parry base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Riposte Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Riposte base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Random Skill Bonus Potion -- Adds a random skill to your skill base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+3 Skill Learn Potion -- Add 3 skill learns (random) to any of your warriors in Primus!

+18 Wins Potion -- Add 18 Wins to your Primus Team Record!

+25 FE Potion -- Add 25 FE to any one of your Primus warriors!

+4 Kills Potion -- Add 4 kills to your Primus team record with this prize!

Gambler's Prize: You get nothing now--but if you place First in the next King of Primus competition--you get a Favorite's Potion!

Race-Changing Prize -- Change the race of one of your Primus warriors to an existing or even a new race!

Alternate Reality Prize -- Take any of your Primus warriors and roll-him up 5x! You will get 5 character overview sheets back. You don't actually get to keep the warriors, but you may view how your warrior might have looked like in another reality.

Rank Anywhere Prize -- Change the Primus ranking of any of your warriors from #2 to last place!

Generosity Prize: +1 Init Bonus Potion for you, but if you use it on someone else's warrior (with their permission), they get a +1 Defense Bonus Potion. That warrior cannot be transferred to your account for the next 99 years.

Magic 17 Prize: All Primus warriors you own whose ID numbers are divisible by 17 get a free train! (No crazy warrior transferring shenanigans please.)

Random Book from Bookmaze -- Get a random book from Bookmaze, the book store that serves as RSI HQ! (Bookmaze's choice)

Free Tourney Entry -- One free tourney entry for any non-AB Primus-Inducted warrior.

Same Number Prize: As of Turn 701 in the newsletter. For any one of your warriors--if any other warrior listed in the Turn 701 newsletter has the same number of wins as your warrior in the Turn 701 newsletter--you can copy that warrior's favorite weapon, offensive effort, activity level or favorite learn if you want to. (If that warrior you're copying doesn't belong to you, you need to ask that manager's permission first.)

Prize Roulette: You get another KOP Consolation Pool Prize at Random.

Popularity List Prize -- On Turn 701, any warrior of yours who makes the Top 10 popularity list--you can get the exact favorite OE or AL of that warrior!

+23 FE Prize -- Add 23 FE to one of your Primus warriors! It might be a tiebreaker for a stylemaster award!

1 of TUM's leftover team roll-ups -- TUM will provide one out of his unused team roll-ups, just for you! (Can be autographed if you desire). Now's your time to dig through the trash of the manager who won the most TCs in a single tourney!

Weapon Lightening Prize: Your warrior gets a new favorite weapon at random of that has a weight of (Warrior's current Favorite Weapon Weight - 1) For example if your warriors' favorite weapon was the Medium Shield (Weight 4), he could get any favorite weapon that has a weight of 3. This prize can't be used on a warrior who has a favorite weapon of 1.

Striker's Fury Prize: On Turn 701, if Strikers have more wins than Total Parries, you get a +1 Bonus Potion.

Total Parry's Fury Prize: On Turn 701, if Total Parries have more wins than Strikers, you get a +1 Bonus Potion.

Basher's Prize: Give any Basher the Bash Tactic as a favorite Tactic!

Inversion Prize: Invert the Favorite Offensive Effort and Activity Level of any one of your Primus warriors! (So if your warrior's favorites were 10-6, they would now be 6-10).

Special Size Roll-Up Potion: RSI will roll 3D6. For every warrior you have in Primus of the same Size that matches the number that RSI rolled, you get a free roll-up! (For example, if RSI rolls a 9, for every SZ 9 warrior you have in your Primus stable--you get a free roll-up.) (No crazy warrior transferring shenanigans, please. There is a maximum limit of 5 roll-ups that can be won with this prize)

Primus Grudge Match Coupon -- Get an extra Primus Grudge match-up at the next FtF!

RSI Pencil -- Get a free RSI Pencil, which you can currently only get if you attend FtFs!

All prizes must be used on a current warrior that the manager owns in Primus, unless otherwise stated.

"A Primus Warrior" refers to any warrior currently in DM 102, despite what their tourney classification is.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sign me up!
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in!

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
ragnarokwolf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Var's Team

1. Aries (69-4434) PL
2. Perseus (72-1612) WS
3. Kimo (70-6089) SL
4. Pungent Stench (61-2458) TP
5. 3 Fisted Rat Boy (70-6130) ST

Yeah! Check out those styles. I'm gunning for the pencil this year!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sign me up!

One Armed Bandit's team:

(LU) GOLDENBEARD (21-6202) of SEA DOGS (1840)
(AB)* ROYAL PRETENDER (82-33733) of DUNGEON CELL 21 (1993)
(WS) BLIND BARBER (82-42371) of DUNGEON CELL 77 (1994)
(PS) AXE MURDERER (82-51085) of DUNGEON CELL 4 (2021)
(SL) SUSHI SLINGER (96-1399) of SEA DOGS (1817)

* Royal Court pick
ragnarokwolf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I can't edit and I forgot to designate a Royal Court pick, here's mine again.

Var's Team

1. Aries (69-4434) PL *
2. Perseus (72-1612) WS
3. Kimo (70-6089) SL
4. Pungent Stench (61-2458) TP
5. 3 Fisted Rat Boy (70-6130) ST

* Royal Court Pick

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Mojo's Team:

(WS) FINGER PUPPET (36-1774) of EASTERN HORDE (1424)
(LU) ZIPPY (82-1886) of EASTERN HORDE (1505)
(BA) NO QUAM HERE (12-3729) of EASTERN HORDE (1389)
(SL) NEO LIGHTNING (17-5112) of EASTERN HORDE (1399)
(AB) PARTY'S OVER (75-2179) of EASTERN HORDE (1786) *

*Royal Court Pick
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in.

(WS) PICASSO (7-1534) of UNDEAD ARTISTS
(AB) ROCKWELL (7-5003) of UNDEAD ARTISTS
(LU) VIGO (18-6086) of ALCHEMY
(SL) CAPTAIN CRUNCH (5-4330) of TECHNOLOGY *
(PL) ED 209 (5-3955) of TECHNOLOGY

* royal court pick

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In! team to follow...
The_Mentors
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in

*SONIC 56-1695 LU of THE ALLIANCE (588)
SLAYER II 10-2125 WS of THE MENTORS (2086)
PSYCOSIS 70-249 SL of THE RAZOR'S EDGE (814)
TWILIGHT ZONE 56-1694 PL of THE ALLIANCE (588)
DUKE OF DOOM 56-1316 TP of THE ALLIANCE (588)

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll be in, may need someone's help to remind me to send in fights on turn 594 as required.

My team:

Christine 11-929 (LU) of King's Court *
King Pin 47-282 (PL) of Royal Flush
King Key 47-281 (PR) of Royal Flush
Willie Makit 73-514 (AB) of Mistaken Identity
Newt Gingrich 5-3399 (SL) of Party Animals
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Count me in too!

Masked Intruder - AB (44-1257) of Deviation
Placid Intensity - LU (9-3352) of State of Mind
Red Dawg - WS (41-2689) of Da Dog Powndaz
Malice in Chains - PL (15-3729) of Deviation
Lassies Evil Twin* - ST (61-2411) of Da Dog Powndaz

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Kharadmon
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Count me in! With an assist from GB.

KHARMA (20-3112) of WRATHMEN (2164) PS
ISSUS (25-1745) of PAWN OF PROPHECY (2227) WS
KHRISTOPHER (27-3567) of WRATHMEN (2167) TP
DOMINATION (46-3177) of 24 HOURS OF DOOM (2172) LU
CHRISTIAN (27-3086) of WRATHMEN VII (2166) SL

Kharadmon
Kharadmon
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kharadmon wrote:
Count me in! With an assist from GB.

KHARMA (20-3112) of WRATHMEN (2164) PS
ISSUS (25-1745) of PAWN OF PROPHECY (2227) WS
KHRISTOPHER (27-3567) of WRATHMEN (2167) TP
DOMINATION (46-3177) of 24 HOURS OF DOOM (2172) LU *royal court pick
CHRISTIAN (27-3086) of WRATHMEN VII (2166) SL

Kharadmon
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm definitely in, just have to finalize my roster.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic