New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Shaking up my D2 game
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I currently run in 4 arenas.

DM-12 Riztab
DM-21 Sunset
DM-32 Arvat
DM-33 Niytyole Island

So, as it stands right now, I have 1 arena one week - 21, and 3 the other week (12, 32 and 33).

I would like to get them to 2 and 2. No really good reasons besides maybe a bit of OCD and the fact it would be nice to have a couple turns to read each week.

I want to keep Sunset (21) for one week and Riztab (12) and Arvat (32) the opposite week. That puts my outsider as N. Island (33). My thought is I will drop 33, sorry ya' bunch a pirates, and, then pick up another arena on the same schedule as 21.

A few that looked like potential homes for a new stable are Lapur (29), Dal Shang (65) and Shadowspire (81).

That setup would give me 2 arenas each week, nice and tidy....

Anyone have any experience with 29, 65 or 81? Good? Bad?

Any of them just a tourney timing arena?

Is 81 still a no tourney arena? Really not a big tourney player, so that would be okay actually.

Anyone want to give me a loaded rollup to entice me to one of the 3 arenas? Very Happy

All feedback welcome.

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dayla Kiv (74) was another one I forgot to mention I considered for running the same week as Sunset.

Also, the arenas with Sand Dancers, are those still the teams run by the RSI crew?

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Master wrote:
So, I currently run in 4 arenas.

Anyone have any experience with 29, 65 or 81? Good? Bad?

Any of them just a tourney timing arena?

Is 81 still a no tourney arena? Really not a big tourney player, so that would be okay actually.

81 is by far the most vibrant, active arena of the three and is no tourney. 29 is a nice smaller arena, with a few steady teams (mine included) and a few tourney teams that come and go. I have no real experience with 65.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think 81 is the best option of the 4 you stated. 81 is still a no tourney arena. 81 is very very tough so don't get discouraged if you have a tough time

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shadowspire is probably your best best, particularly if you aren't into tourney stuff. I have always hated the 'sandbagger' mentality, and since most of the other arenas are rather small (with six or less active teams) compared to Shadowspire's twelve or more active teams, I don't understand why we don't have MORE people playing there! Cool I wish there were another NO-TOURNEY arena running opposite weeks. I'd play there too!

The two 'downsides' (if you want to call them that) are:

a) The Oath. You know, promise to run all five characters at a time and to refrain from tournament playing. If you violate your oath your team is yanked from the arena, stripped naked, mutilated, then assassinated before your eyes... or something like that.

b) Formidable Opposition. There are some very experienced managers playing in Shadowspire. (I wish there were more; it would work out in my favor! The times when my team has done exceptionally well are the times when the 'upper management' are clashing.) Some people have been put off by the presence of STRONG competition, even some 'veteran' players. They drift in and out; argue over who is down-challenging the most, then leave.

Meh. Personally, I like it. If I'm doing well, then I know I'm doing something right. Any turn that is a winning turn is something you can genuinely be proud of --- in Shadowspire. Any other arena, and you're likely either playing the scrubs from RSI or you're fielding a sandbagger with three times the FE than his/her opponent. Is that really what you want to sign up for? Don't be afraid of playing against tough teams; learn how to play like them. And if you pay attention, you'll notice that even the best teams have a few 0-5 turns. Wink

But like all arenas, the more players the more challenging and FUN for all. So hurry up and sign up, 'Master'. Be prepared to be spanked hard! (We'll be gentle...) You'll either grow out of it or get used to it. Or leave. But it is what it is, and it's GOOD in Shadowspire. (Although the personal ads have been a little weak lately...) Smile

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually the lowest I have ever seen Shoadowspire as far as active teams is 17 or so. Currently it is in the low 20's. As far as 33 I think it's one of the most fun arenas to play in right now. I rank it third behind 21 and 81. I mean, come on, it's Den's home arena. Not to mention GB is coming for a feud and Stik of Sunset fame might do the same. I like 32 sometimes but the ranks are pretty thin there and it can get and lately has gotten quite boring so if you have a sentimental thing for Riztab I would do 12,33 and 21, 81. No offense to tDO and GB who work hard to make 32 otherwise. Just saying 33 is better right now by far. And don't forget Master Darque just announced Slaughterhouse for arena 45 in May!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Shadowspire is probably your best best, particularly if you aren't into tourney stuff. I have always hated the 'sandbagger' mentality, and since most of the other arenas are rather small (with six or less active teams) compared to Shadowspire's twelve or more active teams, I don't understand why we don't have MORE people playing there! Cool I wish there were another NO-TOURNEY arena running opposite weeks. I'd play there too!

The opposite week no-tourney arena is DM-20, FYI

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
KidArcane wrote:
Shadowspire is probably your best best, particularly if you aren't into tourney stuff... I wish there were another NO-TOURNEY arena running opposite weeks. I'd play there too!

The opposite week no-tourney arena is DM-20, FYI

Surprised I really did not know that! Embarassed

I will get a new team in there by February. Smile

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic