New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Tempe 2017 Spoilers, pictures, and rumours.
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I look forward to seeing your pics and hearing about the tourney.

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, my 10-2 waste from Sunset bit it in adepts round 3, *&^%#$%$#!!!! Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that Stik.

Is the on-line newsletter available yet?

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, thru turn 4 so far. It's the only way I know about the loss, I am not there, just sent several of my Fandangos in for mail-back results. The link is on the front D2 page under the herald, winter 2017 ftf.

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here it is to make it easier.

http://www.reality.com/ff58con.htm

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow...the spoiler, pictures and rumors have really been flooding in....is there a power outage or some sort of communications lock down at the hotel? Guess so. All my guys were out early anyway.

Is there any indication from RSI about whether we're getting an April fools tourney or a death & taxes??

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Primus thru Rookies
TMM AB beats TMM AB
Khisanth AB beats TUM AB
Mannequin PL beats Anarchist LU
OAB TP beats TMM TP
TMM AB beats TMM TP
TUM AB beats TMM AB
TMM LU beats TUM AB
Assur AB beats DMobster LU
Floyd SL kills Madwand ST
Floyd WS beats Mannequin ST
TMM LU beats Consortium AB

TCs
TMM 4, Floyd 2, Khisanth, OAB, Assur, TUM, Mannequin

RUs
TMM 3,TUM 2, Anarchist, Dmobster, Madwand, Mannequin, Consortium

styles
AB = 5TC, 5 RU
LU = 2TC, 2RU
TP = 1TC, 2RU
PL = 1TC
WS = 1TC
SL = 1TC
ST = 0TC, 2 RU

compiled by Mannequin published by The Consortium

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know why the mail-in blood games results haven't been published?

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
Does anyone know why the mail-in blood games results haven't been published?

They had an issue with the MI Bloodgames and they were unable to run it during the tourney. They will try to fix it, run it at a later date, and then mail the results to the participants.
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay. Thanks.

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Wow...the spoiler, pictures and rumors have really been flooding in....is there a power outage or some sort of communications lock down at the hotel? Guess so. All my guys were out early anyway.

Is there any indication from RSI about whether we're getting an April fools tourney or a death & taxes??

Aw, we could have just posted pics from last year and they'd look just the same Razz. Really though, we had a much better room for the tourney, the same room as 3-4 years ago, but with the divider removed, so it was more than double the size. That was the best yet, in that regard. Also, the Internet connection was a breeze, a complete turn-around from last year.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We are hoping someone will post some pictures of the late night Saturday birthday and whatever parties. There are some people who deserve full recognition. Laughing

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OAB’s January 2017 FtF Report

I wasn’t in attendance, and my warriors were being proxied by Assur. I try my best to send minimal squads when not attending; just enough that I might have a deep run to make things exciting, but not so much that it will require too much effort from my proxy. To that end, I designed a squad of 20 for the FtF, but added 2 late entries to make it 22.

Entries: 22
Class breakdown: 3 Primus, 3 Contenders, 2 Eligibles, 3 ADM, 2 Freshmen, 2 Challengers, 0 Champions, 2 Adepts, 5 Initiates, 0 Apprentices, 0 Rookies
Style breakdown: 6 AB, 2 BA, 4 LU, 0 PL, 2 PR, 1 PS, 3 SL, 3 ST, 1 TP, 0 WS
Overall record: 68-66-0-1 with 3 awards

Primus

My three Primus warriors could run on auto-pilot. Two of them (a SL and a PS) were seeking stylemaster awards and the other (an AB) was working on SP trains for the next King of Primus. SUSHI SLINGER, the SL, put together a decent performance but at 2-2 he was matched up with #NULL, one of TMM’s Fist ABs. Mgr’s SL was also at 2-2 and ahead on recognition points, so I knew that I was essentially out of the running. AXE MURDERER, my PS who was fresh off his stylemaster victory in the mail-in, faced five straight Fist ABs and went 0-5. My developing AB didn’t fare much better at 1-4.

Contenders

Contenders was in part encouraging and in part disappointing. My two ABs who are closing in on the Contenders line put up poor performances at 3-3 and 2-3. I feel as if they *should* be competitive, but they don’t seem to be and I can’t quite figure out what I’m doing wrong. Luckily, I have all the time in the world to figure it out. Meanwhile, my SZ 19 LU named SHEWISH WHALER redeemed my Contenders class for me. He began the tourney by going 1-2 and I was uncertain if he would make it past round 5. He is a former Eligibles TC and has multiple other TVs to his name including a 9-3 performance in Contenders. That was a while ago, though, and I thought perhaps it was a fluke.

SHEWISH WHALER mostly runs on a single strategy so we left him alone aside from occasional changes to his attack and protect locations. He went from 1-2 to 2-2. Then from 2-2 to 3-2. Before I knew it, he was at 7-2 and fighting for a TV! He was fortunate enough to get matched up against one of the two other LUs left in the class, rather than one of the ten remaining ABs. While TMM’s TOMATO ION was no slouch, he was definitely an easier draw than some others. SHEWISH WHALER won the LU on LU battle to earn his second Contenders TV, but his luck ran out in the next round with a loss to STINGRAY, Madwand’s gateway skill learning AB.

Eligibles

My two entries in Eligibles were both unusual, but competitive. DEAD MAN WALKING is a sandbagging PR who went 9-3 in Eligibles in the last mail-in. I was hoping for a similar performance out of him this time, but he managed only a 3-3. My second entry was HORSE D’OEUVRE of SHEWISH BUFFET, a sort-of busting BA. He is +5 Attack and has very nice favorites, so I selected him to max out in Primus and compete for stylemaster awards someday. Along the way, he has picked up a couple of TVs including a recent ADM TV last January while busting. He went 11-3 in that tourney and finished up at 25(10)-9(4)-9-25(4)-22(5)-6-15(4) with 213 total skills. He landed at what I presumed to be the top of the Eligibles class, so I deactivated him in the arena and waited for my chance to transfer him to Primus and get on with the next leg of his career. Starting three turns out from this FtF, I activated him in Primus and trained skills. He picked up 10 skills over three turns including 3 very welcome Attack skills, and then entered the tourney training his 22 WL. While not a terribly explosive bust, I hoped it would give him enough of an edge to TV or better.

HORSE D’OEUVRE took an early loss in round 3 and then another one in round 8, but he was within striking distance of that TV. Round 9 saw him squaring off against a TP by the name of HUGH KASSLE. HORSE never gave up the initiative despite multiple attempts to riposte and just hammered him into submission. Round 10 saw him matched up against BLUE BADGER, an AB. BLUE BADGER must have been of the less physical type, as HORSE took him down in a quick minute to earn a TV. In round 11, HORSE D’OEUVRE *almost* took out CARPET BURN, the eventual runner-up, but was instead eliminated. Still, getting a TV in ADM and Eligibles with a Basher is just plain fun. Onward to Contenders for him!

ADM

I had three entries in ADM and wasn’t expecting a ton from them, as none of them were busting out and this is *the* bust-out class. SURLY DECKHAND, a sponge BA, who had taken a brief trip to Eligibles after an ADM TV last year, disappointed me with a 1-3 result. BLACK DEATH, a LU making a test run, displayed that he was not ready by going 2-3. My final entrant in this class was SPARE ANCHOR, a 25(12)-25(8)-13-11(8)-25(4)-6-24(13) TP who was originally designed for the 130 skill Freshmen class, before they changed it to a 150 skill class, which he eventually TC’d and moved on to the 180 skill ADM class (although SPARE ANCHOR only has 169 or 170 total skills). Don’t get me wrong, SPARE ANCHOR is a fearsome opponent. He has 4 Freshmen TVs, 3 Freshmen RUs, a Freshmen TC and an ADM RU to prove it. But you figure that by the run-offs, there will be a busting (or sandbagging) AB that knocks you out of the running. And he really wasn’t designed for ADM, as he stopped learning skills after picking up his 20th Parry skill, which left him with a grand total of 8 Attack skills learned.

Still, he was all I had left in ADM after round 5. By round 7, SPARE ANCHOR was 7-0 and feeling pretty good about the prospects of a TV. Round 8 saw his first setback, as he lost in 4 minutes to an AB by the name of JABBER HOGAN, but he quickly bounced back in Round 9 with a win over a PR to earn a TV. Round 10 saw a tough match against a busting TP named BOSOMY GOLDMINE. SPARE ANCHOR couldn’t seem to take the initiative (which normally isn’t a problem vs other TPs) and eventually succumbed to SC crits. Rounds 11, 12, and 13 saw SPARE ANCHOR beating a BA, a LU, and a PR. It was a surprisingly balanced run-off and the low number of ABs was proving to be a boon for him. After Round 13, there were just four warriors left, all with 2 losses. SPARE ANCHOR drew the SL, ONE MIC, and made a hopefully wise strategy change. Faced with the huge Init of a SL opponent, we decided to dramatically increase his Offensive Effort to help him take the initiative and attack. He went in going 8-10-7 and the fight was over in a matter of seconds. One dodge, one riposte, and one SC crit was all it took. Round 15 was to be a finals fight between SPARE ANCHOR and BOSOMY GOLDMINE, the busting TP that gave SPARE ANCHOR one of his two losses in round 10. Since he had the same initiative problem against BOSOMY that he did against LUs and SLs, we decided to keep the new 8 OE and hope for a different result from last time. I’m sure the odds were stacked against him, but fortune smiled upon SPARE ANCHOR. Early in the match BOSOMY GOLDMINE broke his Scimitar and was too hotly engaged to draw his back-up… and he never did. It took 6 minutes and a lot of parry damage, but SPARE ANCHOR won the fight and the ADM TC.

Freshmen and down

My two entries in Freshmen were a traditional bust-out and a warrior learning skills over the line. The stat trainer went 6-3 and the skill learner went 4-3. My two Challengers went 3-3 and my remaining seven basic entries were all mistimed at 14 FE and 5 FE. One of the 5 FE guys died, but the rest picked up 2 or 3 FE for their trouble.

Wrap-up

What could have been a mediocre tourney (and rightly so, given the quantity and quality of warriors that I entered) turned into an outstanding one with a LU TV in Contenders, a BA TV in Eligibles, and a TP TC in ADM out of 22 entered. Thanks to Assur for his great proxying and congrats to him on his overwhelming victory in Adepts. Congrats to all the other TC winners, too.

I hope everyone that attended or sent warriors had a great time and I’m already looking forward to the April Mail-In. I plan on sending 50 entrants and hopefully one of them can make up for SPARE ANCHOR’s absence!
ThePope
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all. I finally received my fights from the tourney [proxy by Grimwood]. Stuck in there by accident was a fight that didn't belong to us.

Freshmen round one: Double True of Lazy Sunday [41] vs Slippy Brickboy of The Inquisition [66]

Double True won in 2 minutes with no trains for either warrior.

Inquisition, this is your fight. If you want me to send it to you, pm me your address.

ThePope
mgr. Spnsh Inquisition [62]
Knights of Ni [56]
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ThePope wrote:
Hello all. I finally received my fights from the tourney [proxy by Grimwood]. Stuck in there by accident was a fight that didn't belong to us.

Freshmen round one: Double True of Lazy Sunday [41] vs Slippy Brickboy of The Inquisition [66]

Double True won in 2 minutes with no trains for either warrior.

Inquisition, this is your fight. If you want me to send it to you, pm me your address.

ThePope
mgr. Spnsh Inquisition [62]
Knights of Ni [56]

ThePope, what a nice guy. Are you a St. Francis?

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic