New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 260
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
I wasn't around when the arena and the pledge were dreamed up, but....when I was in Shadowspire, I was told the spirit of that part of the pledge was to keep managers from not running a warrior for the reason of dodging a BF.

End all be all, I think it is a waste of time to try and make all teams run all warriors all the time. It has always been allowable, in all arenas in general, to run what ever you want. The old school feel is the no tournament/no prize aspect of the arena....even though tournaments have been going on for as long as I remember, roughly 1988ish

Just my thoughts from a manager who once ran here but doesn't run here anymore.

I have to respectfully disagree GB. If you agreed to something by signing the pledge, then abide by what you agreed to. Yeah, it is a little thing and I don't believe any of the managers in question are practicing anything nefarious, but they still agreed to fight an entire team. We shouldn't even have to talk about this, that is what frustrates me.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lucky for us we live in a country where everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A nice 4-1 for The Commodores (and 17 total skills to boot!) and finally over the .500 mark. It's amazing what happens when you don't constantly DA out of boredom. Meant to write a PA to Dragonbane Guild about my warrior being a stalker. Over the previous 4 turns, my warrior Fast Hack 'Em got matched up with Dragon Scarred, Tristan, Stormclaw and Orlando. Fairly surprising in an arena with this many teams/warriors in it.
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
Manta wrote:
Is it problem? How? Does Den actually discriminate between people missing a turn here and there and people flouting the rules (which I am not aware of)? If they (RSI) were to address it how would they? Tell people who aren't playing regularly enough that they can't play? Den just uses it to be a little bitch. It's what he does. He lies, cheats and distorts. Period. You're pretty too. Very Happy

Excuse me?!?! Please explain in detail how I am cheating in Duelmasters?

What kind of pathetic little angry asshole are you?

I get that you don't enjoy my ribbing in the PA's, but kiddo, that is what the PA's are for. If you don't like them, simply don't read them. And, just to bring out facts, which I understand you don't enjoy as you prefer opinions, but you do the EXACT same thing. I guess it is good for you, bad for me, that explains why you wear your Hillary shirt every day.

The fact is (again, my apologies for stating facts instead of opinions, Bernie) that several teams consistently do not follow the pledge by not fighting their entire team. This should not be acceptable. I appear to be the only one that calls them out. And YES, if you are not going to fight your entire team then you should not fight your team at all, that is what the pledge is there for. When we designed the concept of this arena that was noted so you don't have jerks that will only fight their 2-3 good guys.

Missing a turn as you outlined has nothing to do with the pledge, you can miss any turn you want. Again, I know facts are not your strong suit Reid.

I have more integrity in my fingernail than you could ever hope to embrace in your lifetime you sad little ball of anger. Call me a cheater, back it up tough guy.

Oh, and great spelling in your post smartie, you do realize there is a spellchecker as you type, don't you? The misspelled words are underlined in red, gives you the chance to correct the words as you commit libel. You do know the color red right? It is the color of your face after the election.

1) I don't see the spelling problem. Please point it out. I'll do it for you. In your PM to me you typed 'to" where it should be read 'too'. 2) Terrablood. I know you will want distort that and say but that isn't the actual game. You admitted to it. 3) If you don't want 'ribbing' on the forums and would like to keep it in the PAs I would be glad to abide. 4) I hate Hillary Clinton but that's another story. 5) If it was just 'ribbing' in the PAs why did you get upset at me saying you were just trying to get a rise? That wasn't meant to have you take offense. Not that I care.
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One more thing. I don't mind reading your personal ads.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Manta wrote:
Den wrote:
Manta wrote:
Is it problem? How? Does Den actually discriminate between people missing a turn here and there and people flouting the rules (which I am not aware of)? If they (RSI) were to address it how would they? Tell people who aren't playing regularly enough that they can't play? Den just uses it to be a little bitch. It's what he does. He lies, cheats and distorts. Period. You're pretty too. Very Happy

Excuse me?!?! Please explain in detail how I am cheating in Duelmasters?

What kind of pathetic little angry asshole are you?

I get that you don't enjoy my ribbing in the PA's, but kiddo, that is what the PA's are for. If you don't like them, simply don't read them. And, just to bring out facts, which I understand you don't enjoy as you prefer opinions, but you do the EXACT same thing. I guess it is good for you, bad for me, that explains why you wear your Hillary shirt every day.

The fact is (again, my apologies for stating facts instead of opinions, Bernie) that several teams consistently do not follow the pledge by not fighting their entire team. This should not be acceptable. I appear to be the only one that calls them out. And YES, if you are not going to fight your entire team then you should not fight your team at all, that is what the pledge is there for. When we designed the concept of this arena that was noted so you don't have jerks that will only fight their 2-3 good guys.

Missing a turn as you outlined has nothing to do with the pledge, you can miss any turn you want. Again, I know facts are not your strong suit Reid.

I have more integrity in my fingernail than you could ever hope to embrace in your lifetime you sad little ball of anger. Call me a cheater, back it up tough guy.

Oh, and great spelling in your post smartie, you do realize there is a spellchecker as you type, don't you? The misspelled words are underlined in red, gives you the chance to correct the words as you commit libel. You do know the color red right? It is the color of your face after the election.

1) I don't see the spelling problem. Please point it out. I'll do it for you. In your PM to me you typed 'to" where it should be read 'too'. 2) Terrablood. I know you will want distort that and say but that isn't the actual game. You admitted to it. 3) If you don't want 'ribbing' on the forums and would like to keep it in the PAs I would be glad to abide. 4) I hate Hillary Clinton but that's another story. 5) If it was just 'ribbing' in the PAs why did you get upset at me saying you were just trying to get a rise? That wasn't meant to have you take offense. Not that I care.

I guess you want to do this publicly instead of taking it offline so everyone else does not need to annoyed with your constant trolling in the forums.

And yes, entering incorrect styles on TB has nothing whatsoever to do with the game. Why you think it does, is beyond me, but then again you have not overly impressed me with your mental aptitude as of yet. I'm a lot of things, but a cheater is not one of them.

Trust me kiddo, there isn't anything you can do that will get me upset, so guess again. I simply pointed out your constant attempts to get a rise out of me. If you had any ability to trade jibes it would be fun, but sadly all you attempt to do is keep getting political, which a toddler could do. Impress us, show some humor or wit in your PA's.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
BlackHart
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Finally had to put my all my warriors on maintenance. USPS shanghaied my warriors one too many times.

DM 6 - Black Tide
DM 32 - Dwarfed
DM 81 - Shanghaied
BlackHart
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Went 2-3 with 1 DA. The replacement was also large and ugly, and will be going the DA.

Highlight of the turn was destroying Krow. Very Happy

DM 6 - Black Tide
DM 32 - Dwarfed
DM 81 - Shanghaied
Vlad
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
I have to respectfully disagree GB. If you agreed to something by signing the pledge, then abide by what you agreed to. Yeah, it is a little thing and I don't believe any of the managers in question are practicing anything nefarious, but they still agreed to fight an entire team. We shouldn't even have to talk about this, that is what frustrates me.

hypocrite [hip-uh-krit] noun. 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Den,

I like how you bemoan other managers not following the pledge - and bemoan about me in the PA's - and haven't followed it yourself. Of course, in YOUR instance, there are a lot of excuses at the ready. "RSI error", you wailed. "Maybe not their fault once" (but not necessarily yours, obviously), you lamented. Let me read that back to you: Woulda, coulda, shoulda... was gonna.

Bottom line: You haven't followed the pledge and yet called me out in the PAs for the same thing you did. Did you not expect a response? Think of my personal ad as a character building opportunity. Step up, acknowledge complicity orrrrrrr.... run to the forums to whine like a little bitch. Ah, you've already chosen.

I don't claim any better reason for not fighting everyone every turn. I wait to see overviews to determine whether to DA. I may be traveling. But i laugh at anyone suggesting I'm only running my good warriors... look at my record! It, like your whining and hypocrisy, speaks for itself.

I had no idea my response to your pathetic "glass houses" stone would generate such a discussion, but it's been thoroughly entertaining. See you on the sands, whenever i manage to run my full team of course. I'll get right on that.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vlad wrote:
Den wrote:

hypocrite [hip-uh-krit] noun. 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Den,

I like how you bemoan other managers not following the pledge - and bemoan about me in the PA's - and haven't followed it yourself. Of course, in YOUR instance, there are a lot of excuses at the ready. "RSI error", you wailed. "Maybe not their fault once" (but not necessarily yours, obviously), you lamented. Let me read that back to you: Woulda, coulda, shoulda... was gonna.

Bottom line: You haven't followed the pledge and yet called me out in the PAs for the same thing you did. Did you not expect a response? Think of my personal ad as a character building opportunity. Step up, acknowledge complicity orrrrrrr.... run to the forums to whine like a little bitch. Ah, you've already chosen.

I don't claim any better reason for not fighting everyone every turn. I wait to see overviews to determine whether to DA. I may be traveling. But i laugh at anyone suggesting I'm only running my good warriors... look at my record! It, like your whining and hypocrisy, speaks for itself.

I had no idea my response to your pathetic "glass houses" stone would generate such a discussion, but it's been thoroughly entertaining. See you on the sands, whenever i manage to run my full team of course. I'll get right on that.

I am certain you keep a dictionary on hand to help you throughout the day as multi-syllabic words are spoken to you, and then you quickly run to the bathroom to rip through the pages to understand what was just said. Thank you for noting the definition of hypocrite, it will be helpful to many in this forum.

As usual, your attempted insight is not only embarrassing to you, but your entire family I am certain. At no point in time did I claim higher favor for missing fights. Mine were not intentional, seems as though yours are. Trust me, getting your overviews is not going to help you in a decision in regards to DA, just do it, they will likely fail in your hands anyway.

Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice tourney Den.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hombre wrote:
A nice 4-1 for The Commodores (and 17 total skills to boot!) and finally over the .500 mark. It's amazing what happens when you don't constantly DA out of boredom. Meant to write a PA to Dragonbane Guild about my warrior being a stalker. Over the previous 4 turns, my warrior Fast Hack 'Em got matched up with Dragon Scarred, Tristan, Stormclaw and Orlando. Fairly surprising in an arena with this many teams/warriors in it.

I have to admit I have noticed this. And I haven't particularly enjoyed it either. I also keep meaning to do an ad about it, but you know, life. Plus then I'd have to read the things.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not trying to agree with either side, but I always send in strats with my replacements, I also send in strats with my new team sheets so as to speed up the process. The overview is not going to change hiw I run them just whether or not I DA them or not....in most cases I know before hand I am going to DA

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Hombre wrote:

I have to admit I have noticed this. And I haven't particularly enjoyed it either. I also keep meaning to do an ad about it, but you know, life. Plus then I'd have to read the things.

Superweed was matched against Garchomp 3 of 4 turns.
Spirit
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kumbaya, my Lord. Kumbaya
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum