New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Potential SPOILERS Oct 23 Mail-In
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You feel you have to say something about your, or others, results?
Do it HERE

Remember, many will not get their results back via mail until Nov 7 or 8. (Or even later due to the current USPS inconsistencies.)

Don't spoil the surprise and expectations for them!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mgrr received some teasers from RSI about the tourney. Since some people have been spoiled by these in the past, I have posted them in this thread:

Total warriors: 3072

DM 86 had the largest contingent of warriors

Eligibles was the smallest class, followed by Champs.

Dead Challengers was the biggest but no class had more than 400.

The longest running tourney was a tie between Challengers, Apprentices, Dead Challengers, and Dead Adepts.

There were 210 TVs (and 16 TCs).

10 of 16 TCs had 2 losses, 1 was undefeated.

Over 1/3 of the TCs had a kill!

Some awards were named after animals, had vowels, numbers and even punctuation.

In one TC fight, both warriors killed their semi-finals opponents.

The names of two TCs were like an opposite pairing. (like Fire and Ice)
Urmar
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My results:

251-282-4-6 all-in, including living and dead. 5 TVs including Rookies RU (!!), 5 Stylemasters (2 PL, 1 BA, 1 LU, 1 PS). I was over .500 in adepts in apprentices, even though i had 3 dead apprentices; worst % was in initiates and dead, where I hit about 42% wins. None of the dead returned to life Sad

Great results (for me, anyway!) at the top end. Just gotta cull the chaff from the wheat next time! The 0-3 guys really drag down the record!

Hope everyone had fun!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quick summary for me:
sent 21 live, 10 dead
21 live = 1 TC (no TVs
10 dead = 2 TV (1 was rU)
58% w/l
3 awards (well, four) out of 31 was quite nice (13%)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

00: Marv Jr TMM (AB) / Samurai TMM (AB)
201: Paul Wierdorfer Anarchist (AB) / Scomsss's Nightmare Manager (AB)
202: Unusual Nudity TUM (AB) / Algenubi OAB (AB)
203: Worth the Effort TMM (LU) / Maeve TMM (TP)
204: Up Yours ????? (WS) / Fomo Riff Raff (WS)
205: Devil Lint TMM (PR) / Robert Paulson Chief Illiniwek (PS)
206: Diplacer Beast Floyd (SL) / Edgar Frog ????? (LU)
207: Spitclaw Angus (ST) / Louis Cyphre TDO (LU)
208: Vile TDO (ST) / Thirst Trap Riff Raff (BA)
209: Lovely Consortium (ST) / Dukes and Chartists Vlad (LU)
210: Tempest Chief Illiniwek (AB) / Joker Obregon (LU)

Mailer results. (Summary by Assur)

Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

updated

200: Marv Jr TMM (AB) / Samurai TMM (AB)
201: Paul Wierdorfer Anarchist (AB) / Scomsss's Nightmare Manager (AB)
202: Unusual Nudity TUM (AB) / Algenubi OAB (AB)
203: Worth the Effort TMM (LU) / Maeve TMM (TP)
204: Up Yours ????? (WS) / Fomo Riff Raff (WS)
205: Devil Lint TMM (PR) / Robert Paulson Chief Illiniwek (PS)
206: Diplacer Beast Floyd (SL) / Edgar Frog Chief Illiniwek (LU)
207: Spitclaw Angus (ST) / Louis Cyphre TDO (LU)
208: Vile TDO (ST) / Thirst Trap Riff Raff (BA)
209: Lovely Consortium (ST) / Dukes and Chartists Vlad (LU)
210: Tempest Chief Illiniwek (AB) / Joker Obregon (LU)

Mailer results. (Summary by Assur)

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So IF you take away the 8 warriors I have running every tourney to develop for KoP AND take away my dead tourney...

I was 143-134 with 2 TV's and 5 stylemasters on 45 entries
I could live with that.

Unfortunately, that is pretty bad math.

Lowlights -
- I had the worst dead tourney in memory (granted the memory isn't what it used to be).
- The match up gods were cruel.
- Worst loss of the tourney, a 6-0 basher died in R7 (the basher itself was no big loss - a riposte learner on an arena team that had enough total skills to earn itself on to my inits squad, but you don't see many bashers get to 6-0 in a tourney ever)
- Granted I changed his strat, but my 'best' dead challenger went 1-3. Try again next year

Highlights
- The stylemasters I got will be fun.
- I still have a chance to get a PS to Eligibles by the Summer freeze (KoP should have a second bracket to expand to 10 styles)
- The only former TC (or RU) I have that was dead was my one dead TV (future Eligibles bust here he comes)
- Maybe the knackiest basher I have: consecutive 4-3 and 5-3 outings in Contenders. Pretty strong for a young warrior in a VERY basher unfriendly class
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My results are back. No TCs for me, but it was otherwise a very enjoyable tourney. My warriors finished up with a record of 249-176-4-1 for a 59% win percentage. The 58 entries earned 1 Runner-up and 7 TVs for a 14% award percentage, and also 3 stylemaster awards. Pretty great numbers for me.

Primus was a highlight, as I won my first Primus TV ever with SNAKE OIL SELLER. He didn't have a particularly easy set of match-ups, as he only got two non-ABs early on, so had to face 12 ABs on his road to an 11-3 finish. It was very nice to have finally achieved this goal, and it was exciting to go deep enough that I felt like I had a chance for more. I've been tinkering with the strategy around the edges every tourney looking for something that works. Hopefully this strategy is it and SNAKE OIL SELLER can repeat this performance down the road.

I had a great run with my AB bust-out ALGENUBI in Eligibles. He started out very luckily getting 3 easy trains and one harder train in the first 4 turns (2 DF and 2 WT), which surely helped him get as far as he did. He then spent 8 rounds prior to the final match missing a 4th train to 11 WT. If he had gotten that 11 WT, things might've gone differently in the end, but it wasn't to be. TUM's AB UNUSUAL NUDITY had his number and dealt him 2 of his 3 losses to eliminate ALGENUBI as the runner-up at 13-3.

Initiates was a bit disappointing, as I felt that I had a really good class this time around and I only did okay. My five former TVs went 7-3, 7-3, 4-3-1, 4-3, and 3-3. My zombie AB went 7-3 again. I did have a 10-3 TV and SM with one of my good entries that hadn't TV'd yet, so I didn't walk away with nothing in the class. It was just a bit underwhelming.

Aside from that, I had a pleasant surprise in Apprentices as a warrior who I had prepped in the arena for the class went 13-3. It seems that bypassing Rookies with the ST challenged warrior might have been a good choice. I also picked up TVs in Contenders, Freshmen, Dead Initiates, and Dead Apprentices. It is nice to do well with some sandbaggers and get a couple of dead warriors back.

I was hoping for another TC to finish off the year and came pretty close, but close isn't good enough. I finished 2023 with 1 TC and 3 RUs, which is below average me. Given all the returning players and the increased level of competition, this may be the new normal however. Congratulations to all the winners in the tourney!

I won't be attending Tempe, but I will send some sandbaggers and timing warriors for you to beat up on. Good luck to everyone who will be attending, and I will bring my A game to the April MI and try to get back on track then.
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a tiny tourney, but was really pleased with the results. I sent 10 warriors, 9 in Primus plus 1 Eligible.

Primus started out great. 7 of my 9 warriors got to round 7. 4 of them were 6-0 at the time. 5 warriors got to round 10. I then ran into the always terrifying Wall of TMM. I wound up with 3 TVs, none getting past round 12.

My eligible started out 3-2 and surfed all the way to a 14-2 TC. He was busting, but didn't train all that well. It was very lucky, but I'll take it.

Overall I went 63-25 with 4 awards. I will be in Tempe with a bigger squad!
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent in biggest squad I've had in some time, little over 30 warriors, like 9 living from 21 and 33 just for skills mostly, and the rest dead from both those arenas as well, plus one SL from 5.

The living were all terrible, like 2-3 was best. No surprise.

Dead, I wound up with two aimers, one from 21 and one from 33, both perform in dead challengers, getting to round 10 with identical 7-2-2 records, butt clenching time, I thought I'd get at least one back...but was crushed on consecutive reads as they both went 7-3-2. At least next year looks good for them.

I seem to have wreaked a lot of death and destruction in this tourney as well, lotta kills, and miraculously didn't have any deaths of my own!

Dejectedly I read thru the rest of the tourney, knowing those two were my best shots. Most of the dead of course didn't get past 5th or 6th round. However....I sent in a plunger from 21, Little Fang, into dead apps, on a last second decision, he's not that impressive but a little different. And he shocked me by going 8-3-1 and finally, at long, long last, securing my first ever plunger TV on the second to last piece of paper in the tourney! The last was him losing round 11, but hey, who cared at that point!

Now all I have left is the elusive parry-riposte TV to have all 10 styles. May take a few more years however the way it's progressing. But was so glad to get the plunger TV and a guy back in Sunset!

Don't know my overall W-L percentage or totals, too lazy to count it up, plus I wouldn't love the resulting stats anwyay! Laughing

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
I sent in biggest squad I've had in some time, little over 30 warriors, like 9 living from 21 and 33 just for skills mostly, and the rest dead from both those arenas as well, plus one SL from 5.

The living were all terrible, like 2-3 was best. No surprise.

Dead, I wound up with two aimers, one from 21 and one from 33, both perform in dead challengers, getting to round 10 with identical 7-2-2 records, butt clenching time, I thought I'd get at least one back...but was crushed on consecutive reads as they both went 7-3-2. At least next year looks good for them.

I seem to have wreaked a lot of death and destruction in this tourney as well, lotta kills, and miraculously didn't have any deaths of my own!

Dejectedly I read thru the rest of the tourney, knowing those two were my best shots. Most of the dead of course didn't get past 5th or 6th round. However....I sent in a plunger from 21, Little Fang, into dead apps, on a last second decision, he's not that impressive but a little different. And he shocked me by going 8-3-1 and finally, at long, long last, securing my first ever plunger TV on the second to last piece of paper in the tourney! The last was him losing round 11, but hey, who cared at that point!

Now all I have left is the elusive parry-riposte TV to have all 10 styles. May take a few more years however the way it's progressing. But was so glad to get the plunger TV and a guy back in Sunset!

Don't know my overall W-L percentage or totals, too lazy to count it up, plus I wouldn't love the resulting stats anwyay! Laughing

Way to go, Stick!

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As one of the victims of your killing spree, Stik, uh... way to go?

But congrats on your PL TV in Dead Apprentices!
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So close, yet so far away.

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The MIT has been read and recorded, successes celebrated, and failures forgotten, only to haunt the future I am certain.

As normal, I send a few dozen dead guys, many sentimental favorites from the glory days that deserve to graduate to immortality. The last two Tourneys of the Dead have been frustrating with only a single resurrection and both from North Fork which is odd. I keep assuming that after a dozen or so tourneys my guys will be at the top of the skill and stat charts and sneak into that 8-win category, and my assumption continues to prove false. Nevertheless, they are prepared for next year with minor changes noted.

Living tourney, I sent 48 including five guys in ADM where I continue to struggle, I went 157-157-7-1 with 5 TV’s and 3 Stylemasters. The frustrations are that I lost what I believe is my first tourney fight to little stick, and that hurts more than the low TV count. It looks like I finished just under 50% against the Doctor of Squeals, my victories and kills against him bring glee and euphoria into my home. I fought many warriors with monosyllabic names, I am guessing these are run by Vladgina, several were killed, the others are performing menial tasks around the gardens where their skills are more suited.

Interestingly, one of my TV’s suffered an input error and I have not yet decided if that helped him TV or cost him a victory against the eventual TC. I will have to continue to try the minute 1 Dec & Rip strategy to evaluate.

My best class was rookies at 59%. Best styles were Slashers and Strikers, both at 53%. Here at the Allied Axis we don’t carry out to the first decimal point any longer, we found that many of the managers like Gentile Ben and Mega Toe were confused by it. Worse style continues to be Aimed Blows at 42% as they continue to irritate me. Worse class was Champs at 40% (other than ADM of course).

The short turn-around between the MIT and the Tempe F2F will leave some guys stuck in a timing loop and likely will not make the journey to sunny Tempe and will instead remain in the chilly northern climate. I will see some of you freaks in Tempe, the others I will not.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
The MIT has been read and recorded, successes celebrated, and failures forgotten, only to haunt the future I am certain.

As normal, I send a few dozen dead guys, many sentimental favorites from the glory days that deserve to graduate to immortality. The last two Tourneys of the Dead have been frustrating with only a single resurrection and both from North Fork which is odd. I keep assuming that after a dozen or so tourneys my guys will be at the top of the skill and stat charts and sneak into that 8-win category, and my assumption continues to prove false. Nevertheless, they are prepared for next year with minor changes noted.

Living tourney, I sent 48 including five guys in ADM where I continue to struggle, I went 157-157-7-1 with 5 TV’s and 3 Stylemasters. The frustrations are that I lost what I believe is my first tourney fight to little stick, and that hurts more than the low TV count. It looks like I finished just under 50% against the Doctor of Squeals, my victories and kills against him bring glee and euphoria into my home. I fought many warriors with monosyllabic names, I am guessing these are run by Vladgina, several were killed, the others are performing menial tasks around the gardens where their skills are more suited.

Interestingly, one of my TV’s suffered an input error and I have not yet decided if that helped him TV or cost him a victory against the eventual TC. I will have to continue to try the minute 1 Dec & Rip strategy to evaluate.

My best class was rookies at 59%. Best styles were Slashers and Strikers, both at 53%. Here at the Allied Axis we don’t carry out to the first decimal point any longer, we found that many of the managers like Gentile Ben and Mega Toe were confused by it. Worse style continues to be Aimed Blows at 42% as they continue to irritate me. Worse class was Champs at 40% (other than ADM of course).

The short turn-around between the MIT and the Tempe F2F will leave some guys stuck in a timing loop and likely will not make the journey to sunny Tempe and will instead remain in the chilly northern climate. I will see some of you freaks in Tempe, the others I will not.

I've enjoyed many tourney victories over your losers, each one causing me to cackle in delight! You just didn't know it was me, unaware of your surroundings as you sometimes are! Twisted Evil

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic